ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You need to write a guide on how to grind exp in ToV. I am amazed you got so far. Big grats sir!
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Step 1 play and knight
    Step 2 box a bard
    Step 3 remember to spend all them amazing AA!

I just skip the bard part.
    svann and Funky like this.
  3. Funky Augur

earning AA's is not hard at all. i dont see a difference in getting AA now vs the past few expansions... get to 115, 20% in.. 90/10 and get 1-2 AA per kill...

how much AA exp do you think we should really get?
    code-zero and Deathly like this.
  4. Funky Augur

i give the credit to my rogue merc... she's really been putting in the work
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm...... needs more work.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

[IMG]
    Monkman and Funky like this.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

Does it?

Step 2a -- use 2 dps mercs
    Funky likes this.
  8. Funky Augur

lol no need for a guide... it's legit just go out, pick a camp (for a named or just to kill mobs), invite random people from general chat LFG.. and commence to slaughtering
    Jennre likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess you must be able to pull more and faster then I do. Grats. Sucks to be me I guess :)
  10. sojero One hit wonder

How much dps are your groups putting out? Are you having a hard time surviving? What does your group consist of? What types of mobs are you going after?

Honestly a group of 4 (2 live + 2 mercs, or 4 live toons) should be putting out at a min 400k dps, melee dps mercs are putting out 150-250k dps depending on what adps they get.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Honestly.

Heck, with the time he puts on ForumQuest, he could have started his own EQ e-m-u at this point...
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Can't wait .. to see him not answer any of this .. an say its raiders vs casual bias treatment he pushes..

When ever anyone tries to ask him legit questions like this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

Weren't you asked to refrain from this post ;)
    Nniki likes this.
  14. Funky Augur

To be completely honest, I don’t parse myself 99% of the time. Idk what my group parse is when I’m just boxing my SK/Bard... I’m typically just playing to play and not number crunching. As long as things are dying, I’m getting exp.. then doesn’t really matter.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

Well sir I figure since I know who your guild leader is, the hate runs true in you, and thus you are probably putting out 160-200k DPS at all times with bard bot or more, if using a 2h. Then you add in your 2 thickkkkk mercs, and with your bard adps + your bard, and your pumping at least 500k dps sustained.

But the question was for him, because he keeps talking about how slow his grinds are, I am really curious.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Deathly Elder

Sounds like perfect grinding conditions to me :)
  17. Funky Augur

lol im sure im sustaining more dps than that.. but i would have to check a parse... and as far as his group dps i dont have the slightest idea.. but i do appreciate his MGB sessions in PoK lmfao

as far as my guild leader, i actually have no hate for the guy.... i dont always agree with his SK statements about things being OP, or needing changed.. but sometimes he makes a good point.. of course he's going to be about it some.. he is a pally after all lmfao. that's just him on the forums tho really. not my fault he picked the inferior knight :D
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I'll have to check the next time I try grinding exp. As Funk I don't check my DPS. All I can state is that grind exp is MUCH lower then previous expansions and I don't like the change.

How much I am putting out in DPS is actually irrelevant because it is the difference in exp rate doing the same things I have done in the past. In the past I was able to grind exp at a higher rate.

And if I upped my game even more then I would expect even more exp so not sure where this would lead us.

I mean does anyone disagree even Whulfgar that the grind exp is MUCH lower in this expansion then the previous few expansions? Can we just agree on that? If none of you actually agree that it has been reduced a lot there really isn't any sense in having a discussion.

EDIT. It comes down to I think grind exp is much lower then it was and I don't like the change. Others may be fine with the change that is ok too. Trying to convince me to be fine with the change is an exercise in futility though. Might as well as Whulgar not to complain about casuals.
    Flatchy likes this.
  19. Funky Augur

actually the only downside i see to some of his posts on the forums about knights is it could hinder recruiting.. some people could see his perspective against SK abilities too aggressive or whatever and not want to come over.. some people take "forumquest" a little too serious and get sensitive
  20. Tanise Elder

The only thing that needs to be done is 115 needs to be dropped in the amount of xp required, that way replenishing xp from raiding won't be as painful. 111-115 was easy.

And I still havent done any of the missions.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.