Toon Roll Question (for the_somewhat_casual)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

When you started on RF or LJ, did you roll the same toon you main'ed years and years ago, or did you start a new toon?

In the old days, I had a few alts, but I mained a druid on the Zebuxoruk server. This time around, I rolled a Shaman. Reason being is I felt like shamans and druids were similar classes with Shaman's being overall more effective but obviously losing porting/succoring, ensnaring and damage shield abilities. Both wisdom casters, so that part has been a smooth transition.

Did you decide to roll the same toon you've been playing for years? Or did you go another route? why or why not? and What are your experiences with the class change so far?
  2. DarinaRagefire New Member

Same race/class & name.

Loving LJ so far.
    Maumoss and Nickatropolis like this.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

Haha, not wanting to go out of your comfort zone eh Darina?
  4. Aaramis Augur

Back in the day I raided as a Ranger (Kunark to PoP), and had a Warrior alt.

Left EQ for a while, and came back when Defiant armour started up, and made a Bard (and had a blast with the song modifiers on armour, allowing me to go full melee).

Now on Lockjaw, I made a SK and a Rogue. Would have preferred to main the Rogue, but due to my casual gaming hours I can't justify a class that (1) can't solo; and (2) struggles to find groups, since most people want the OPed classes. As a result, I'm slowly levelling up the SK.
    Change of pace, but so far I'm liking it.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. DarinaRagefire New Member

Haha yep I loved playing as a Cleric. Played on FV back when you could only have one toon per account. Originally played a ranger for a bit ended up starting the cleric, then deleted the ranger and rolling a monk on that account.

Now my alt is a mage (of course) so I can solo for cash. I am really enjoying playing everquest again, I was out of the game for at least a decade.
  6. Liquid Augur

Rolled a monk like before, but SOMEONE took the name I have used for years..Liquid, but Shonuff is the new me. I can't seem to quit playing a monk, just love the class.
  7. Wandidar Elder

I picked new. I was a ranger back in the day. I started here as a druid... have since switched to Necro (and think I'll end up sticking with it).
  8. Tharrg Augur

Well there are 50 Mages for every 1 of other classes.. I would suggest a Race/Class combo that is said to be the worse... Like Gnome Rogue.. or Wood Elf Warrior...
  9. Greeb New Member

I rolled an ogre warrior this time around (would've gone Dwarf but my friends all wanted to be evil races so I gave in)... I rolled a gnome warrior back in '99-'00, reason I went gnome was because I was new to the game and initially started as a gnome mage but hated being a caster after ~10 levels, but I didn't want to re-learn another newbie zone. Had a blast with my gnome warrior but I remembered being very jealous of ogre warriors of the same level and how many HP's they had
  10. Alexanders Augur

I consider myself pretty casual, sometimes I get a long play session in but usually small sessions of an hour here and there kind of deal.

Back in the day I played a Druid and loved it, figured that would be a great fit now with my play scheduled but expected just about every box set to come with a druid for ports sow and heals. So instead I rolled one of the other solo friendly classes and ended up with Necro. I like being able to play solo and kill all kinds of random npc without much regard to faction since I'm so evil and hated everywhere anyhow.

At some point I will roll a Druid just cause but some of that will depend on when we get Kunark. The more time I have until then the more likely I will level some alts.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Could not decide what I really wanted to main so started with a druid. I found on "that other server" that, even with no boxing allowed, life is just a lot better with a druid handy. Got the druid to 50 and geared and along the way decided I was getting the itch to play a rogue again, which was my main for the longest time on live and what I like to raid with. So I've got a rogue main now, reasonably geared for era and working on getting 50.

Went with a wood elf this time instead of gnome, though. Loved my gnome rogue, but having to illusion to not be short all the time got to be a pain before the AA that makes it permanent.
  12. Steampunk Augur

Brand new character in a class I've almost never played (Enchanter).
  13. Swordmage New Member

I rolled the 7 characters I thought I might enjoy and ended up playing my monk (old main) and a gnome enchanter. I may re-roll my wood elf ranger (my first main) since I forgot to adjust her strength and it seems like she is constantly encumbered. Oh, and then there's my barb shaman who may end up getting played as well.

No, I don't have an alt problem...no, not at all.
  14. Tuar New Member

I quit EQ a couple years ago, came back for the progression. I started out with an SK, which was my main for a long time, then tried some other classes, and for now have settled in on a ranger, a class I've only played a little. I tried a paladin, seriously, but I just couldn't force myself to get into it, I guess I'm spoiled by SK. Ranger, however, gives me a different feel and yet I have snare to stop pesky runners.

I mostly solo, so the other class I haven't played much is really out of the question, without a box or mercs or uber gear I really can't see rogue working out for me.

I did switch races, my SK was DE instead of Gnome, my Ranger is a woodie. I'd play a large race ranger if they existed... Ogre is so overdone in warrior and SK though!
  15. Ultrazen Augur

Had alt-itis at release and played every race/class combo, doing the same thing again.
    Jent likes this.
  16. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I went 2 I never played: necro and cleric - I wanted a powerful class and one that would be able to help people out a bit with rezes / ports / buffs and went cleric coz it combines a bit better with necro for undead.

Played mains as warrior on release on VS , then monk on FV, then enc , then, sk with enc or rogue as box....enc and sk alt on p99....and others.

I had wondered about playing a mage but I dont think I could look myself in the mirror if I played a mage with the state of the game as it is :)

Wondering what to play next lol - monk / sk / warrior with a druid / shaman / or enc ....... argh lol.
  17. Aiona Augur

Hah, I did the same thing as well. It took me over a week to decide on my main class.

Cleric was my main for years. Then I changed mains to bard for a couple years. I thought I'd relive my cleric days again on Ragefire. I have many fond memories with her. But after much thought, I realized it much more to do with the friends that I had, and not so much the class I was playing, that made the game so enjoyable.

Couple that self realization with the fact that I don't want to be stuck in 'complete heal' chains for years to come, I decided on enchanter as my main since I enjoyed playing a bard so much.

Not to dis the cleric class - I loved it and still do, I just wanted something different and 'new' this time around for myself.
  18. Maumoss New Member

Same here, Darina......same race/class/appearance/name. Loving my nostalgia :)!!
  19. Avenrii Journeyman

I've been Avenrii and a Cleric since The Nameless, Xev, Xegony, Erollisi Marr, The Sleeper, Vulak, Ragefire, and even p99 (though I was also Amareth there). It isn't that I'm not up for new adventures, it is just that I love being a Cleric and people know me as Avenrii.
  20. Geroblue Augur

I have over 150 characters on 5 accounts. So it would be rather difficult to come up with one I hadn't already done somewhere here.
    Jent likes this.