Ton Po's Pouch and Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Baeddon, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Baeddon Elder

Can we please either drop the no trade flag from Ton Po's Mystical Pouch on Firiona Vie OR tell me why this change that happened back in 2004 is still good for today's game? It certainly isn't because other clicky throwing summoners aren't tradable, every other one I've seen is. Why the hate for this item?
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

The big deal was the everyone on the server from 6 classes who was atleast Level 65 getting raid level stats in a slot. In 2007 they either didn't even consider an FV No Trade tag for Frozen Tears or decided that Temporary was good enough to limit Frozen Tears, I'd guess it's the former.

There is about a 10% chance this thread results in No Trade being removed from Ton Po, a 10% chance this thread results in No Trade being added to Algid and an 80% chance no changes will take place.
  3. Baeddon Elder

By that logic, all raid items should be no trade. What about http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=93014 Axe of the Savage? Should it be no trade or temporary? Those stats are Tacvi stats at level 1. If people wanted to give them away for free, fine, if people want to sell them at offensive prices, fine. I don't know anybody who doesn't have a raid item in at least 1 slot for any 65+. Of course, the stats on these ammo items are trivial and no longer applies.

I think 10% is very generous, but even 1% chance (which is still more than I would hope for) was worth taking the time to post.

Also note, I'm not flaming or trolling you, we're just having a respectful conversation here =)
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

Yes, Ton Po, Algid and Savage "should" be handled the same in terms of FV No Trade and Temporary.

I apologize in advance to owners of Algid Bag of Frozen Tears.
  5. Gragas Augur

But you can buy and trade "no drop" raid gear, I don't get it.
  6. Trajet D'Or Augur

http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/items...d_4=items.hp&compare_4=<=&text_4=225&next_4=0

At the time Shuriken of Eternity was one of the best Range slot items in the game. If someone sold a Serrated Dart of Energy that wasn't an issue, one person no longer has the item and a new person can now equip the item. While everyone on the server could equip a Shuriken from a single Ton Po drop. If only the Shuriken was made FV No Trade, everyone someone trusted with their Ton Po pouch would have been able to equip a Shuriken from a single Ton Po drop.
  7. Baeddon Elder

I will grant you the consumption point you made to a certain extent. That's absolutely fair and a great point. (Compare with "Well, piracy doesn't hurt anybody because no one is out of any product" argument). However, that was then, this is now.

I should also fully disclose that I'm against anything being no trade on FV (save epic weapons of course.) It especially burns me that Spoon, for an example, is tradable on all servers EXCEPT FV. I don't think quest items, progression items, quested items...none of these should be restricted but that's a topic for another thread and has nothing to do with Ton Po's Pouch.

I believe that in today's game, there's 0 harm in making only the change of removing no drop flag from the pouch (as you pointed out, could care less about the shurikens...don't think they should be temp but if they are, c`est le vie).

Sure, there are other practical paths that involve not getting the Ton Po's pouch and only being out 20k (seems to be a good market price for other similar items), but that's not the point, either.