Toggle target command ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Haegar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Haegar Augur

There is a key you can assign to toggle targets.

Is there also a switch target command you can assign to a hotkey ?
    Only one i know is /assist ...
  2. Tegila Augur

just assign the same keyboard command to the hotkey button. like say hotbar 3 button 7 is forage, and you want to forage when you target nearest npc, assign the same key (mine is ~) to the hotbar 3 button 7 as you do to that target command.
  3. Caudyr Augur

I'm assuming the toggle targets command you're referring to is the one that lets you toggle the target between NPCs you can see, starting with the closest.

There are two real options for switching targets that I can see in the options menu.

Options -> Keys -> Target

There's Cycle through nearest NPCs, but there's also Cycle through Extended Targets. TBH, I think the latter is probably the best bet, because if you're looking to switch targets, you likely have agro on the mob already. This will allow you to switch to the other mobs in the ET window w/o accidentally targetting and agro'ing a mob you haven't already agro'd.

There's also a 'Toggle last two targets' key command in the same menu that doesn't have a key binding (i'm pretty sure the 2 i mentioned don't have a key binding by default, either). I'm not exactly sure how this one works, though. If it's not counter intuitive, it should just cycle between a NPC and/or a mob you have targetted.

Oh, not to mention there are key bindings you can set to "Target Extended Target #". This can help if you only want to target specific mobs in the ET window w/o having to cycle through them.

Hope that helps.
  4. Haegar Augur

That helps a lot, thank you :)
  5. Caudyr Augur

No problem at all. )
  6. Gladare Augur

Tab is the default key to toggle between yourself and your last target. F1 targets yourself, hitting it twice will target your pet. F2-6 targets your group members and their pets if hit twice. If you want to set up a hotkey for targeting players/npcs on your extended target window, the command is /xtar #. The # being the slot on your extended target window. Your best bet is to study the keys page in options like Caudyr said and adjust them to how you like.
  7. Talif Augur

Toggle does exactly what it says it does, switch between the last two targets you have had. Was much more useful back before the Xtar window and the ability to lock a target into it.
  8. Haegar Augur

Looks like i was too optimistic.

Does not work the way i wanted. I cant assign toggle to a hotkey. Does only work with a key.

My idea was, to reduce the work on the slayer achievements by using pet attack and toggle target with just one click, instead of targeting all the time and clicking attack.
  9. Gladare Augur

Have a toggle npc key and put pet attack on a hotbar and use a key to activate. Two keyboard strokes but no clicking.