To make Shields & Shield Augmentations more interesting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Jan 25, 2024.

1. fransisco Augur

I do agree that HStr needs to do somethig worth noticing for melee or anyone. HDex is kinda broken because its the only stat that matters in the game. Its either very op, or everything else is brokenly bad (I go with everything else being brokenly bad).

I also think you have a point Wulfhere on shield AC - that its not keeping up. As well, shields should reverse the AC curve for classes. Caster shields should have the MOST AC with tank shields having less. The idea being that casters have such lower AC to begin with, that they need more ac to just survive normal hits. Caster AC is so low that a shield doesn't really add much survivability, so why bother? Casters don't wanna be tanks (casting and interrupts prevents this anyways). Giving casters a viable option to increase durability at the cost of dps could matter.

So if a tank shield has 600 ac, the caster shield should have 800ac. Currently its the opposite, 600 tank, 300caster. This makes no sense as the caster needs more than a 3% surivivablity increase to drop a 2h.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

This is incorrect.

Shields are mostly for Shield Flash and Deflection.
  3. fransisco Augur

Check out delicious in dungeon anime on netflix, sheilds are for cooking!
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

First we need some scorpion, then some dungeon moss...
    fransisco likes this.