To everyone who have'nt play in classic EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DuchessElindra, Dec 17, 2015.

1. DuchessElindra Elder

...and who complains about bad pets, slow xp and such.

We, old EQ players,

- Think rangers exist to loot ranger-only items.
    - Think mages and necro exist to give mana to clerics.
    - Think druids are here to port up people and than log on their main character.
    - Think that knights are fine to tank some trash crap but they are not something serious
    - Think taking 10 hours to go from 43 to 44 is fine.
    - Think to spend your 4 hours play evening time looking for a corpse run from Befallen is fine.
    - Think sitting 6 hours lfg is fine

Now I am not saying that is what we WANT, no one even WANTS to go on a corpse run, everyone WANTS to level "as fast as possible". But before you go on the daily QQ about how balance is bad and the game is (too) hard on Phinny you may want to take in consideration that a lot of the changes taken on the server were made to make some old grumpy people feel like it is classic.
  2. Join New Member

Totally agree!
    When the server is on a 12 month unlock period and you aren't coming to the server to raid. All that sounds great!

Good read though, made me laugh because it was all true back in the day :) The ranger thing made me especially laugh because it's still true!
    Tachya likes this.
  3. Trevalon Augur

I know right, those instanced raids and 84 day unlocks...I knew this was gonna be the "classic" server...
    Tachya likes this.
  4. Poydras Augur

If you're playing this clunky, obsolete, repetitive game, on the TLP servers even with the least content and the most clunkiness and repetitiveness, and it isn't because of nostalgia over classic, then there is something really strange about you. Because that's why the rest of us are here...
    Tachya likes this.
  5. Doomroka Journeyman

im not that suprised that during the classic era on a TLP that they took steps to make the experience a bit closer to classic. this isnt just about the server ruleset, its also the next iteration of TLP where they can change all sorts of things to make it a more fulfilling progression experience - like making certain eras closer to their original atmosphere. classic was all about the grind - if you dont like the grind then you are looking at luclin era and beyond.
  6. Felicite Augur

I leveled the original necro Felicite during the PoP era and my pet was always a speed bump to dark blue cons from level one onward. You had to kite (fear or aggro), tank it yourself, or root rot without a pet involved (unless you wanted to lose it). I clearly remember that pet aggro while kiting = dead pet. So I feel like my pet on Ragefire is still stronger today fighting the same mobs as I leveled on then. Zero complaints, glad they toned them down.

I tried out a Mage back then too and I remember having to summon a new pet every few mobs (or a few times a mob), so yeah.. I think this is the way I remember it (I admit than I have no where near the time then or now on a Mage.. my Ragefire Mage is 22).

That said, I've played through enough "change" (pet pulling "fix", I'm looking at you) to know all change pisses off people and you adjust (or quit).
  7. Trevalon Augur

I understand this.

I am just pointing out the fallacy of saying people "should" have known this was gonna be like a classic server.

I mean, Instanced Raids, 84 day lockouts, billed as the "faster paced TLP server: and zero mention of a significantly slower exp rate...all of that just screams that this was gonna be a classic server and we should have known that it was going to be like this.
  8. MrPeepeePoopoo New Member

I came back to look at more female dwarf buttz
  9. Poydras Augur

Yeah I played a necro back then too and all the complaints that "necro pets can't tank anymore" are hilarious. I recall not even using a pet during aggro kiting because if he did enough damage to be worth the hassle, he'd get curbstomped anyway.