To cut down on the need to moderate as much.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rauven, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Rauven Augur

I don't make many threads, but I figured no one has brought this up so far, so I will.

There's been a lot of forum moderation going on. Way more so in this section than any other section of the forums. I believe I have a means of cutting down on it.

Restrict posting of threads to All Access Members. Basically to those who can actually see and play on the TLP servers. We have far too many threads started by people with free accounts, singular post counts, by people who just wish to troll.

For players looking to play on TLP, this section of the forums makes the servers look like an utter nightmare. This couldn't be further from the truth. But these trolls go out of their way on a daily basis to try and ruin the image of these servers, for reasons that... well don't matter.

That needs to be cut down.

There's issues with doing this. It does make it harder for people who aren't all access to ask questions. But I think the benefits outweigh this. They can probably use the Newbie Zone to ask questions (they already do actually). But the bottom line is, the trolls need to be dealt with. And you can't simply ignore them, they're making new accounts.
    Rhiyannon and Steampunk like this.
  2. Zapsos Augur

How do you know people are free accounts? Just because they haven't turned on their little AllAccess banner doesn't mean they are F2P players
    Gythlen likes this.
  3. rekais910 Augur

Oh yea that's true. I don't even know where to turn it on. But I've made a thread that is dedicated to the purpose of finding a ground in the middle of both sides where both are appeased (not that people have been civil about it). No all access tag, still all access though on two accounts no less.
  4. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I sent Roshen and Radarx a PM this morning regarding what I think should happen.

Derailing threads, obvious and even suspected trolling, incoherent posts oozing with negativity, these should result in forum suspensions, no questions asked, just starting handing out 24 hours suspensions, 3 day, and week/month suspensions or perma-bans.

I agree with the op, limit posting to all access members in this section. You need all access to play here, you should need all access to voice your opinion on whats going on here.

Also they should have a way to verify users identity. Posting from a Verified account where you register your real name publicly, and then give those verified users a private place to discuss current issues both EQ Live, and EQ TLP, would result in far more constructive and useful information for the Daybreak team than the current cesspool that is the TLP forums.
    Gythlen likes this.
  5. Rauven Augur

I don't know and really don't care. You can turn the badge on or off. That doesn't matter. The account is either All Access or it is Not. The system knows who is who, even if the tag is shown or not. Think about it, the system has to know if the tag can be shown, obviously it knows who is who.
  6. Banuvan Augur

I think this is a great idea actually.
  7. Rhiyannon Augur

yeah i like the idea too
  8. rekais910 Augur

I think this idea might be good, but there would need to be a sticky thread for those without all access to ask questions (real questions) since there may be many who would love to play but not without questions being asked first. But that's sorta a second thought.
  9. Mabbu-EQ Elder

Leave it the way it is and make an all access forum section one for Live and one for TLPs. Done.