TLPSWTPS

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipe, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Zipe The Healer

TLPSWTPS = Time Locked Progression Server Wishlist Threads Per Second.

You beat it. This forums are full of wishlists, almost all of them are exactly the same wishlist.

Stop it please, it's getting old.

I know that all of you are ultra hyped but, really, we don't need to read more of your wishlists. By now, we all know what you want and you know that we know.

Nobody is reading you because when somebody see your wishlist then starts thinking about its dream top-ten wishlist and reply to your post/threat without even reading your wishlist.
    99% chance that your wishlist points have been already mentioned 99 times, even on the same thread and probly the same compositions of wishes, with rxactly the same order.

It's impressive how people can repeat and repeat and keep posting the same wishlist on every post, every threat. Explaining your reasons why X is good because of Y is calming your hype, I know. Your hype keeps forcing you to post your wishlist and your reasonings, they are cool and meaningful.
    But
    please
    stop
    it.
    It's your hype playing the devil inside you. Hype is like a drug. You'll have an extreme hangover when they announce the new TLP and they don't meet your expectations.
    Thalliius likes this.
  2. Mr Nobody Elder

So I wrote one of those posts and I will say that I will not be upset if they don't release the kind of server I would like. I will simply move on. Just like I did last year. There is nothing wrong with the community expressing what they would like to see.

You are entitled to not like it and I am entitled to not care what you think. I may just go start a new wish list thread just for you.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

But my wish list is the right one, and if I don't post it the devs will make a server that is 100% going to fail.!
  4. Shiba Journeyman

I wish the new TLP had fast exp and FV loot.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Maybe Beimeith can write a parser to determine TLPSWTPS
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I just spent about 4 hours writing a basic parser that handles everything Coirnav the TLP forum needs to parse accurately. It's a grand total of 9 regex (T, L, P, S, W, T, P, S, and a simple one to catch anything the other 6 didn't grab), an EQForumWarrior, and EQTarget class, and a couple supporting classes.

All very simply.

Now Beimeith can piddle around all he wants and I won't mind haha.
    jeskola likes this.
  7. Thalliius Augur

I just wish they actually moderated these forums and merged all the TLP wishlist threads into 1. You only need 1 thread for people to go post all of their good and/or terrible ideas in

People gave me a hard time for replying to THREE TLp threads that were popular asking how to ignore a thread. There were over 20 TLPs on the first page (I counted) and they were all over me for asking how to ignore threads 3 times lol

As someone that was new to the forum, I came looking for tidbits, advice posts, etc related to TLPs and instead I was just trying to make it thru the endless gauntlet of TLp threads that spam the forums and drown out all the legitimate posts

They should either merge these threads into 1 master thread or they should allow you to ignore threads like every other message board on planet earth

It really ruins the forum for people that don’t want to endlessly speculate on the New TLP rulesets. This was a problem even before they officially announced the 2 new TLPs. They really need to start clarifying the rulesets, pretty stupid to say “OmG 2 new TLPs for hardcore and ultra casual!!!1!” And then go quiet for a week and not reveal ANY of the rulesets
  8. FIsh Lips Augur

I mean the forum wasn't exactly hopping before the TLP announcement. Even the anti-boxxer, give me pvp, BS threads had slowed to a crawl. This is as lively as I've seen this place in 6 months.

Now your point might be that there's so much silly activity that signal is being drowned out by noise. I think that is a very overly optimistic worldview of who reads these and what their abilities are to drive change in the game.

Our only hope can be that when they DO announce the rulesets, and they suck, and their TLPs don't generate the desired revenue, maybe they come back here and see how desperately out of touch they are. To wit, does anyone really think Holly is capable of an "ultra casual" server? Does she even play the game, or just watch the books? I have my guesses.

I see nothing but good on the forums, even including some spectacularly awful ideas.