TLP3 Nomenclature

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

In the other thread that got locked, Roshen referred to the new server as TLP3.

I'm curious which servers or sets of servers Daybreak regards as TLP1 and TLP2. And if TLP1 and 2 refer to Ragefire and Lockjaw, can I plead with you to adjust your nomenclature going forward to reflect the full history of Everquest TLP's and not neglect the other two TLP's currently occupying spaces on your server list!

This new one ought to be TLP4 or TLP7 depending on how you are numbering them--4 if we are referring to groups/generations of TLP's, 7 if you are referring to individual servers.
    FurySoul likes this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Thus why I (on the request to change my sig) - switched it to Holiday 2015 TLP - TLP3 definitely sounds wrong. TLP 3.5 maybe since it's still kinda part of the RF/LJ generation but there's no way to make 3 work on it's own.

Well, unless you don't consider Combine-era to be a TLP since they were "just Progression server" titled at the time. But that seems weird - I think everyone refers to them as TLPs when talking about the past now even though during their time they weren't referred to as such.
  3. Machen New Member

Combine and Sleeper were still time locked progression servers, they just didn't have the voting. "Time locked" wasn't used in the description but it was still part of the server mechanic.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I'd agree with you, Machen - but in the drive up to TLP3 there were some people that argued that since they were only named "TLPs" after the fact they shouldn't be counted. It was a stupid semantic argument but could be one Roshen & Co agree with.
  5. Machen New Member

I am actually fine with that if that is their thinking and Fippy/Vulak count as TLP1. I just don't want Daybreak to forget that they have 4 (soon to be 5) active progression servers.
    Agrippa likes this.
  6. Porygon Augur

It seems like most people, including players, forget about sleeper/combine. Which is sad really. It was a good time.
  7. Kragin Augur

Don't forget whatever mayong was
  8. Machen New Member

Mayong was not a progression server at all. In fact, the furthest possible thing from progression--it opened with all expansions enabled and skipped the first 50 levels of progression altogether.
  9. ElaidaTL Augur

51/50 for life!.... not. How are ya Machen?
    Kragin likes this.
  10. Nolrog Augur

If I'm looking at iterations of the TLPs, I think the following:

TLP1: Combine/Sleeper
    TLP2: Fippy/Vulak
    TLP3: Ragefire/Lockjaw
    TLP4: Traditional Box Server.

So the designation of TLP3 is a bit confusing.
    Tronk likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

Doing well, we beat pillars tonight after working on it for several weeks. Onward to sepulcher later this week hopefully!!
    FurySoul likes this.
  12. Gumby Augur

Combine / Sleeper were not Time-locked. They were simply Progression servers and the content unlocked at the whatever speed it took for the players to defeat everything.

So, really... TLP3 does equal the upcoming Traditional Box Server.
    Finley likes this.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Yes they were. They were just not voting, but one the previous content was defeated (a requirement for every other TLP server by the way) the timer started and the content unlocked after xx amount of time (I forget if it was 30 days, 60 days or whatever).
    Vaclav likes this.
  14. Vaclav Augur

30 days, to answer the bit you were unsure of.
  15. MBear Augur

Having heard everyone call RF/LJ TLP3 on the forums, it seems weird to call it that to me.
    I'll probably just keep calling it the TBox server until it gets a proper name and then use that unless something really takes off such as TLP4.

Sort of depends on the release date and rule set as well. If it comes out as something very different than TLP3 and in early 2016 then TLP3.5 would seem weird. If it is all similar rule set and comes out yet in 2015, then TLP3.5 would make more sense.
  16. Finley Augur

Roshen reaffirmed the planned launch of the server this year, which means they'll probably release the planned name of the server soon. I'm betting it's Quarm.
  17. Pikallo Augur

This discussion seems awfully petty and quite silly to be honest. Really nitpicking about a single statement that wasn't intended to be scripture. its pretty clear what server he meant, and I'm sure it will have a name once more information is released.
  18. MBear Augur

There is nothing petty about it.
    We are discussing what to call it and have moved beyond what Roshen May or may not have typed on purpose or on accident.
    TLP# isn't something I remember DBG starting anyway. It just caught on over time and became the nomenclature.
    As a community we can call it whatever is comfortable to us -- I take you have will just accept what we all use when we get done expressing our ideas.
  19. Pikallo Augur

You are more than welcome to discuss it, and I am more than welcome to be under the opinion that it is petty and silly!
  20. MBear Augur

Well then we have the truly welcoming environment that Mizzou can only dream of. ;-)