TLP voting question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kopuz, May 28, 2015.

1. Kopuz Journeyman

Just wondering where one votes for TLP servers?
  2. Diemond Augur

At the PoD

PoD = Priest of Discord. Just in case :)
  3. Gimple Elder

I want to clarify something to make sure I understand it right...

If one player has multiple accounts, does this mean they get to vote once for each account? Or is the vote limited in some way?
  4. Machen New Member

One vote per account. The vote is limited by character level -- have to be within either 15 or 20 levels of max (I forget which.)
  5. Machen New Member

Just to clarify, there is no vote currently up and won't be until November, unless they change something.
  6. Gimple Elder

OK, thank you. So if I had 6 accounts I'd get to have 6 votes...if I had only 1 account I get 1 vote...interesting...

So the more accounts you have the more voting power you have, and the more influence your personal opinion has via how you cast your vote?...Hmm....
  7. NickDanger Elder

An account is an account. How would you do it? How are you going to identify whether 6 accounts represent one person or 6? Enough with the boxer hate. I don't box, but I appreciate the additional income DBG gets from boxers - it makes it possible for them to spend money on upgrades without raising my monthly fees.
    Kakgumu likes this.
  8. Gimple Elder

This thread is about VOTING....not boxing, please take the boxer opinions to the correct thread, thank you.
  9. Gimple Elder

If I understand how the voting works correctly, it seems a little bias, which is not how you want a "voting system" to work if you want true results.

Maybe limiting the vote to 1 vote per IP address? Or houeshold possible?....exploring possibilities here...

any thoughts?
  10. Machen New Member

Actually, in business, that's exactly how you want it to work. More investment, more financial interest, more sway. 1 vote per share?
  11. Gimple Elder

Woa! So we get game plat for how the voting turns out!? Or even maybe real money!?? Woot!

That is why that model is sustained, and I don't believe it applies in this system. Why do you think it would?
  12. Gimple Elder

A closer example of a voting system that compares to this is when voting (in real life) was limited to people that owned land. If you didn't own land, you had no vote. (true, 1 vote is worse than "no vote" but the disparity is close) People that own land had more money and having a vote in public decisions further expanded that influence.

People with multiple accounts, that vote with all accounts, have an opinion that carries much more weight....similar to the "land owners" in history.

Again, not quite as extreme in our little virtual world, but comparable....in my opinion.
  13. Gimple Elder

Furthermore...if people with a stronger vote blaze through content faster, or slower, they can either hold up xpacs, or speed up xpacs, if they organize and vote in a similar fashion. Like a political party.

The way I understand why we have a voting system at all is to allow the Dev's to get a good picture of the state of mind of the "players" on the server....not accounts...as to whether they are ready to have the next xpac opened up to the server. If not, then why don't they just open up xpacs as the all bosses are defeated in each xpac?

If that is not the case, why is their a voting system at all? I can't think of another reason right now...please enlighten me.
  14. Machen New Member

Why would you think that? They are a for-profit company, the $$ from those accounts matter.