TLP stolen from Current EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Casidia Augur

At least they are not totally dead yet, like EQN.
    I wonder if peeps realize how "lucky" they are that *any* new content for live servers is being worked on, after the collapse of SoE. My money would have been on that's it folks, so i consider anything we get from this point on as bonus.
  2. Slasher Augur

Actually we can prove it they said something like 90% of time is being spent on the campaign with rest working on TLP. I can find the quote for you in dev tracker if you want.

As far as how it looks. They're working on the campaign what more do people want ?
  3. Aghinem Augur

Okay - I don't mind saying I stand corrected. 90:10 ratio seems pretty good to me; so I am not sure what Goth's complaint is then. o_O
  4. Kunon Augur

They said Aristo and Elidroth were 80/20 working on the Campaign/TLP. Nothing about anyone else which likely means they are focused on the TLP. Updates and changes would suggest as much.

As for what more people could want... EQ2 had the details about their new "campaign" posted to their forums with number of zones and such 2 months ago for a late August launch. We haven't heard anything about our upcoming "campaign" except that 2 of those will equal what used to be an expansion. Some details would be nice.

As for taking up devs resources, well there was no new Anniversary raid and the missions/quests were hastily implemented player designed stuff. No new HH either. As for focus, don't forget they had to be reminded to make posts about older anniversary stuff going live after the fact.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Very misleading since you fail to mention that a giant portion of the TLP population are players from live.
  6. Stewgottz Augur

I joined Fippy in 2011 after having not played EQ since Luclin. After spending a few years on Fippy, i decided to try live. I ended up subbing two more accounts and 3 boxing up to lvl 105 and most of TDS. I'm currently halfway through Combine dredge progression. I say that because TLPs can lead people back to live and as was stated before, any funds EQ can generate at this point in the game's life is positive.

After Fippy came out, the next two expansions were Voa and RoF which are considered (at least among people I've played with ) very strong expansions. Sure it's going to stink getting micro expansions or campaigns or w/e they're called in the immediate future, but the precedent is there to realistically hope for some deep expansions further down the line.
    guado likes this.
  7. Mardy Augur

There's zero proof of that what so ever, zero. But it sure gets cited a lot on these forums. There's not even a valid way to approximate this theory ingame. What I'll say is that on Luclin where my EQ Live characters are, the population count via the channels have not changed much since progression server launch. I still wouldn't call that scientific by any means. But sure would like someone to point out just exactly where they get the idea that a "giant" or "majority" of the population on TLP servers are from EQ Live.
  8. Kolani Augur

A lot of the people who have hijacked /r/everquest on Reddit are people who haven't played in years.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

You're right there is no way to prove it but that doesn't make it false. I know firsthand 75% if I had to throw out a number of my guild have at least one character there they have played fairly regularly for now. Be it from boredom on live, nostalgia, to play with returning friends, whatever. Its something to do for a lot of players on live. Hell I even know of two live players who have made the TLP their new full time home retiring from live entirely.

Yes I am sure a large number are new or returning players. But you can't honestly say that 20-40% from each live server haven't in some form made their way to the TLP for various reasons massively inflating what people see in channels there as "new" accounts. Point being even if there are 5000 players on the server you know they are not all new and from what I've seen with my own eyes at least 40% if not way way more than that are live players playing on the TLP. There is massive draw to make pp for krono's off the influx of players onto 1 or 2 servers that can be used anywhere down the road.
  10. Casidia Augur

Yea...there should be many Raiders especially who quit the live server, or just keep raiding there but play on tlp otherwise. It's just so boring if you have the best gear anyway and the raiding has been in cotf and tds too, also why make alts now if you can play on an alive server with new toons and in new old zones (hah).

40% might still be too low. Let's face it, RF & LJ are the only interesting thing going on in Eq atm.
  11. svann Augur

Because the length of time that it takes to fix bugs like this did NOT rise with the introduction of TLP. Its always taken this long to fix stuff.
  12. Iila Augur

Something I haven't seen anyone else say so far, is that more of the devs seem to like working on TLP things more than live.

It's no secret that most of the devs don't play current EQ. They spend a lot of time coming up with ideas, abilities, and content that is supposed to be fun for us, for a game they themselves don't find fun.

Now TLP comes around, and you can tell that some of the devs are excited about it. They played old EQ, and that was a game they enjoyed. Not whatever bloated mess the game has turned into now.

Unlike the "stealing EQlive's dev time" idea, this isn't accusatory towards anyone. It's an observation that there is more enthusiasm towards TLP work than the attitudes we normally see from devs in beta. I can't get mad at someone for not liking a game, there's plenty of games I don't like, and there's plenty of reasons to not like playing EQ.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Silv and Kolani like this.
  13. ohmy Elder

14. ohmy Elder

Did you put your app in for being a site M0D?

And who are you to tell a player that he can not post his thoughts in the forums ? it is HIS topic .. HIS thread.. If you don't like reading it.. don't :)
    LOL
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Aghinem Augur

Welcome to the war zone. I'll keep this response pretty frank in which I am sure you would appreciate. I never ever in a million years will stifle a person and tell them not to post their opinion, but there is a reason why there is a TLP forum - because that is where all the TLP stuff goes. Most of us who have been on these forums for years aren't very fond of topics popping up in areas they shouldn't be; its actually very annoying.

You may be not aware, but we already had a massive TLP protest that consisted of multiple threads that already took place here in VL all but 4-5 weeks ago. This led to account suspensions, thread locks, thread relocating, and a lot of angry people, angry mods, angry devs, and angry responses. If you read the OP's initial thread very carefully, its nothing short of simply throwing out accusations about how TLP is draining Live server resources. All this will serve is it will start another TLP vs Live flame war in which everyone's nerves are already raw since the release of Ragefire & Lockjaw.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. ohmy Elder

Perhaps ... Now then before I go on.. I want to point out here.. I am not walking on thin ice. DO NOT take this the WRONG WAY Mods. or Dev's. ( and don't give me a suspension for saying ( " mods " ).
    Now then, To the dev.. and mods.. and everyone involved in these games we play.
    My 2 cents is this ... Listen...to..the..people.
    DO NOT.. I can not stress this more.. DO NOT.. ban.. suspend.. anyone simply because they are posting there opinions in these forums. OF CORSE they will say things wrong.. bad.. or you not liking what they say. BUT it keeps the money coming in!!! Thus you get paid and funding for your job(s).
    Hapiness is the KEY here.... Fun times.. We have lost a lot recently. Players left because of it and still will.

Back in the day, the GM's used to come to you in a zone and chat with you about your concern. There was caring and FUN.

You guys are making the game not fun by your actions on VETERAN players. My server is half gone over the past few months.. YES I know a lot of my server are HARD CORE VETERAN players that finished the latest expansion fast.. so they are bored and doing other things.. hence the success of these new Progression servers ;) Fun times!

I DO NOT know what you are talking about Aghinem about the past 'situation' on TLP and the bash of players suspensions etc. in the forums @ 4-5 weeks ago. I missed it.

You see, I never was interested in a progression server because it has not the same ' feel ' to old EQ :)
    If I wanted that I would be a part of p99. but I'm not.
    Marketplace, Fast regen.. etc is NOT THE SAME as old EQ :) but I don't bash it :D

I don't like hearing ( reading ) those being upset for 'opinions' in these forums. I have had experiences myself on 'opinions ' and the experience of the wrath of the wond Moderators can do ..

These gameS are going to die on this venture of waving the wond and bashing players for opinions.

Aghinem, I won't be going back and forth here . Hug a tree ;D

AGAIN, I don't want this going the wrong way. This is my way of trying to say.. do we have to go in this direction anymore Aghinem.

PS. No wonder why my server has been so unpopulated lately.
    I am sitting here with over 100 days of paid play time for my server to get less populated.
    And here I thought it was just because of the new prog servers.

You are losing good people in the game going this way.. All of you.

Again, I am not putting this out to start issues or be rude or disrespectful.
    Motherlee likes this.
  17. Aghinem Augur

What server you on?
  18. baider Elder

I went from end game raiding to TLP and honestly ive been hooked. If you were an old school player and go play it chances are you will be too. EC tunnel trading, spending a ton of money on fine plate armor and even more so class specific armor, raiding phinny and the dragons, getting low stat no drop armor from the planes, its all a blast. I was big time trader back in 2001-2002 in the EC tunnel that was always my favorite just watching the /ooc for a super good deal and snagging it. Then going to pohate and getting warrior armor that would have basically been like spending 100 kronos now.
  19. Nenake Elder

The entirety of the guild I play with on the tlp server all play on live, (40+ players, a handful are boxed yes) but to say there's zero proof and assume 90%+ of the players playing on TLP are returning players is just ignorant
    Jent likes this.
  20. Kunon Augur

Speaking specifically for my own guild from Bertox, we have nearly 100 active unique accounts (pretty much the majority of our members that box) in our TLP guilds on RF and LJ (many play on both). There are many more that dropped off after the first week or two (explained later). I'm also aware that the other major guilds from Bertox have also set up TLP versions of their guilds on RF and LF. So from just 1 Live server, there are easily 500 Live accounts still actively playing on RF/LJ. It would seem all of the other major guilds from the other servers are also present in some form as well from what I have seen on the forums and in game. Taken together, the majority of the people on the TLPs are likely Live players. All of them echo what has already been said in this thread. Many of us finished all of the new group content on Live 6 months ago, the vast majority finished 3 months ago and have had absolutely nothing to do since. Raiding is 1 or 2 nights a week. There just isn't anything else for people to do or reason to keep alt/box accounts active...

And that is the kicker. That is also why they waited to release the 2nd TLP server. It is the same story every time, but they misjudged just how bored Live players were. Tons of people with no interest in the TLP rolled toons anyway for the LoLs and for something to do on a Holiday Weekend. Launching on that weekend was a terrible idea and it begged for exactly what happened to happen. Everyone knew those players would quit after a week, two max. The drop off didn't happen quick enough and it wasn't as large as they expected since there is still nothing to do on Live servers as so Lockjaw was born.

Edit:
    As for the vote to unlock Kunark early... The outcome of that will depend on when the new campaign launches for Live, if they give that information before the vote occurs (which would be the smart thing to do but...). Whichever option conflicts the least with that campaign launch (where Live players will be busy on their home servers to do for a month or two) will win.
    Motherlee likes this.