TLP Server with FV Ruleset

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by meatsauce, Aug 11, 2016.

1. meatsauce New Member

Hey DBG,

Can you do a new TLP server with the FV rule set? I think a lot of people would enjoy that.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

They should call it Kroners Paradise
    Tallor likes this.
  3. Seraphix Elder

Experience would be way, WAY too fast, lol! (Though I'd love it). The economy would be... I don't even know. Krono farmers could quit their day jobs.
    Jackson likes this.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Allowing everyone to sell gear would devalue Kronos, not make it easier for the krono krewes. It'd be easier to buy individual items, basically. Now, would that make a lot more krono sales overall? Sure, but individual items would be more in reach of a player without gouge-level prices.
  5. Jackson New Member

It would allow the better farmers more options of unique items to sell. And make things like DE mask actually be able to get farmed worse than it was with several picks opened. Trying to sell loot rights isn't fun. This allows farmers to just loot and sell. It would devalue droppable items but the awesome high end gear that is supposed to be no drop, will be worth a lot of kronos, especially at the start of each expansion.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Fixed it for you....
    Tallor likes this.
  7. snailish Augur

I like new server ideas, and believe the playerbase could support a lot more things than are currently offered.

1. But it is too early for another TLP of any sort. If one of the current was locked (and people allowed to move off if they don't like the lock... say Lockjaw locked in GoD or something while Ragefire keeps going) then maybe that can happen, but otherwise the current set needs to be past OoW in my view before considering another restart.

2. Thus far, FV ruleset is on Quarm and not following those characters to their "dumping ground new server" which suggests the appetite (on the devs part) to expand the servers with FV loot code permanently is not there (as this is a natural opportunity to do so).

3. Don't kid yourself. Unless Krono are disabled from a FV loot ruleset server it will be a ridiculously high price economy and boon to farmers, especially if "true box" is not part of it. If picks/instancing aren't a part of it certain drops will be permacamped for years (with much of the game coded as it currently is).

Note: I play sparingly on FV, Vulak, Trakanon, Phinigel and several live servers. Stuff seems to cost way more on FV than anywhere else, and the newer TLP are also pretty nutty. Vulak... that's an entirely different case...
  8. Risiko Augur

I played on Vazaelle, Luclin, FV, and Storm hammer.

I played on the first two iterations of TLP servers.

I played on Ragefire.

I played on Quarm.

I currently play on Phinigel.

I've leveled more characters in Everquest then you would probably ever believe any one person did. I am THE altaholic of Altaholics.

And, let me say one thing here... I will NEVER create another character in Everquest because the experience rate on Phinigel burned me the hell out!

Don't get me wrong here. I altaholiced it up on Phinigel too. I have two accounts full of characters on Phinigel because my altaholicism is just that bad. But, there is no way I would ever stay over on another server after the insane burn out I have gone through on Phinigel.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

1. We don't really need another one. We need one of the current ones to be upgraded to all trade. It's not too late to do that, either. The problem is that Daybreak will probably not make any such ruleset changes to an existing server; which means that, even if they did ever create a proper all-trade TLP, people who want to upgrade their play experience from the current design choices of an existing TLP server, they have to start over. And...Like Risiko, I'm burned out. Not because I played on Phinigel with it's hellishly low exp rate, but I do not want to start over in Classic again. I either keep playing forward in expansions, or nothing (I suppose I might be tempted by a new server that sells Heroic characters, though). I can't be the only one that feels that way; if Daybreak wants to keep some folks playing, they need to make RF/LJ a better experience, not try to lure people back to start over on a new TLP.

2. Lack of appetite is a benign way of saying something worse. No trade was never the best way; which is honestly my opinion after 16 years of EQ and about 4 spent full-time on FV (roughly from 2008-2012 if I remember right).

3. Nothing happens in a vacuum. All trade is the fun thing about FV but it's not the only difference. FV's population is crippled in certain ways from what it could have been, for example, the language thing, the roleplay tag, etc that scare players off. As for high prices, prior to krono coming out, I remember on FV that it was actually possible to gear yourself up in the bazaar with older expansion gear affordably, or current expansion top tier group gear. Raid gear as far back as 2-3 expansions was generally expensive per piece, but that to me always felt like it was due to how few guilds were raiding due to how much of the population was non-raiding roleplayers due to the RP tag. I don't recall the introduction of krono changing things by much. In either case, loot rights sales are often high-krono gouge efforts; bazaar sales might be high in price but at least the all-tradeable system permits that to occur with platinum.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Never say never, you'll be back. They always come back.
    Tallor likes this.
  11. Risiko Augur

I didn't say I was leaving.