TLP Rogue Veteran Question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ghost Of Fippy, May 17, 2020.

1. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

When starting a Rogue in Classic era, if I chose Dwarf, would you mess with his starting stats or leave them default?

<This is what I got from P99 wiki>
    STR and STA are the primary stats of the rogue class. These stats enhance the ability to, respectively, deal damage and stay alive to deal more.

DEX and AGI, despite Everquest's suggestion of these being primary stats, are very insignificant to the rogue's non-tanking DPS role.

Some combination of STR and STA is suggested for the allocation of your 30 bonus points at creation: 25 STA / 5 STR - The typical min/max build for end game raiding. This is a difficult early game build for low STR races. Recommended for Barbarians and Dwarves.
    -----------------
    Does this hold true today?
  2. Lisard Silly

yeet them all into wisdom. it will add to the mystery. the wise rogue!
  3. Tuco Augur

If they polled people who prefer to roll rogues in classic TLP I wonder by how many standard deviations they'd be more likely to participate in BDSM.
  4. Fudly Elder

I'd go max stamina followed by strength.

As far as early game difficulties, you should find a group asap. Rogues are the worst soloing class in the game. Don't do it.
  5. ajschliewe Elder

Wrong, DEX and STR and the primary stats.
    Winnowyl and Delphwind like this.
  6. Mashef Augur

If you are planning on raiding just stam stack. Just staying alive is better DPS output than dying early and it's harder to max than STR/DEX once raid gear starts becoming more prevalent in Velious and beyond. STR/DEX are usually the first to cap out.

You can't really improve your DPS much in classic. You are going to be bad. Some strength will be super trivial to your total damage output since the weapons are so bad. Unless you don't plan on playing long term and only enjoy the trilogy then you could go for strength I guess.