[TLP Phinny]Question about Enchanters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dobs, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Dobs Elder

Hey Folks

So i've been looking some at enchanters. People i talk to say that their charm godlike mode is on the way out. So what are they doing now aside buffing and mezzing mobs?

I know they get godlike for casters at some point, but is that within the next few expansions.
    What are they looking forward to in the next few expansions?

Thanks
  2. Trevalon Augur

It depends on the server really. Agnarr Enchanter Charm will always be a huge deal especially in groups. Some raid zones have less charm appeal due to different circumstances but some still do all the way through PoP.

On other TLP servers charming starts to fall off more as the expansions go on as more mobs become charm immune and the half dmg from charm mobs hits in what? OOW? I forget which expansion that happens.
  3. Machentoo Augur

He asked specifically about Phinigel.

To the OP -- I don't play an enchanter, but it seems that buffing and mezzing is very valuable during these expansions. Stuff hits a lot harder, we can no longer tank a bunch of mobs at once and expect things to end well. "Just" being the most powerful cc class in the game is hardly trivial. Ench just aren't complete god-mode as they were in earlier expansions.
  4. Death Strudel Augur

Honestly before charming became the running meta, Enchanters were a hell of a lot of fun to play just doing CC and debuffs. Boring as hell on raids of course, but a whole lot of fun at the group level. I think more fun than any class I've played, the only one that requires you to pay a lot of attention and be engaged.
  5. Finchy Augur

only? have you only played a few different classes?
  6. Aziuno Augur

I wouldn't beat him up too much. A lot of people think that the minimum effort is all that is needed for most classes :(
  7. Thorondor Augur

If you go full cultural, a.c. augs, and last bloods you can pretty much chainpull faceroll and tank through all of the content DON onward. Once you get the buff that procs mez on being hit in POR chanters become ultra viable tanks capable of pulling stacks of mobs at a time for most content, especially now that subtlety is activatable