[TLP] Brewing Guide

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Your_Ad_Here, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Your_Ad_Here Augur

So, Velious is upon us, and many of you might be looking to do a bit of Brewing. But it can be confusing looking at some sites with all the recipes up to 475, because which ones can be made in these expansions?

Well, to help you along, I created a Brewing Guide, courtesy of Norrathian Trades! At this time, it is from 1 - 188 and should get you started.

My goal was 3 fold. Make the guide cheap (no spending 100s of plat), make the items easy to find (no running all over!) and make the trivial steps manageable.

I kept with Freeport and Qeynos as the two cities to get materials out of, as they essentially have 3 people where items can be bought from (exception is Kiola Nuts from OoT).

So take a look, tell me what you think, and I hope this helps anyone interested in leveling Brewing!

http://norrathtrades.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13329183-brewing-guide-by-delnifa
  2. Semah Augur

Hm, I usually just do Ol'Tujum's Fierce Brew in between Heady Kiolas and Shakers. At least one of those recipes requires vegetables, which is suboptimal.
  3. Catashe Augur

idk why you didn't just do fetid essence from 1 - 122 or whatever it greys out at... its cheap, items are on a vendor in EFP within 20 feet of a brewing barrel
  4. TheTick Journeyman

5. Catashe Augur

still easier to do fetid essence then mino hero brew if you want cause less components so you can fill your bags with lots then go afk for 5 mins cause you trying to make 100 stacks worth..
  6. Your_Ad_Here Augur

You both are absolutely correct! Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, if a player had 100s of plat to burn, and time to go through the multiple fails (since the higher the trivial gap between what you are and the cap is counted) then that is a viable option. And if someone wants to do that, that's awesome! If someone wants to read my guide and skip a step to another, that's their choice.

I had very new players to Phinigel in mind (I started this guide when I started on Phinigel the first day) on how to slowly progress with minimal coin loss, minimal time used, and minimal frustration on making this guide.
  7. Catashe Augur

Uh fishing grubs are 3c each other than farming everything you can on your list.. I don't think you can get any cheaper ;)
  8. Nolrog Augur

I forgot what I started with, but I usually go for Mino Hero's Brew as soon as I can. Cheap, all vendor bought, trivials at 248. I keep going until I make one and then load up on ingredient, and click combine all.
  9. Your_Ad_Here Augur

That is true. But Water flasks usually run about a silver each, taking stacks of 20 can run up costs especially after numerous fails. Of course you could get a CHA buff to bring the price down.

And some of the items to farm can take quite some time as the chance of it dropping can be quite slim. Especially if the mobs aren't in the correct level range.

I still stand by my guide as a good way to slowly and safely level Brewing. But thanks for your thoughts!
  10. Kiani Augur

Fetid essence is just fishing grubs and a water flask. No farming, as cheap as possible. Surely that's a no brainer to get to 122 at least.

I suppose if the resale value of some of the other recipes was good enough, you could do it cheaper, but I suspect 1s3c per combine would be cheap enough for most people even without selling it back.
  11. Your_Ad_Here Augur

It is. But no one seems to read the purpose of my guide for Phingel. It's kinda funny as many are so stuck on how one does something on Live servers. :D

Is the cost worth the amount of failures? Would it be best for you to take your time with the money resources you have?

It's a player's choice overall. But I still stand by my guide to give a slow but good progression through Brewing. If a person wants to do Fetid Essences or Minotaur Hero Brew that's their choice.
  12. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Okay, added a Quick Guide to the page for those who want the recipes to do that, and I also did my best to add where Brewing Barrels were in each city. If I missed any, let me know so I can add them.
  13. Kiani Augur

In the case of fetid essence, I'd say it is definitely worth it, it's the easy route and one of the cheapest routes. MHB, debatable.

But, I do appreciate what you're trying to do, and tradeskill guides for progression servers are worth having.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  14. Your_Ad_Here Augur

It's been a bit, but I want to let you all know that the guide has been updated. Take a look!

BREWING

Ah, Brewing. The art of making different drinks and stuff you aren't sure why it turned green. Below is a slow and steady guide to recipes to level Brewing.

0 - 21 * Bog Juice || 21 - 41 * Mead || 41 - 68 * Snake Egg Oil || 68 - 95 * Red Wine || 95 - 122 * Fetid Essence ||
    122 - 135 * Tumpy Tonic || 135 - 155 * Hulgarsh || 155 - 168 * Ginesh || 168 - 188 * Faydwer Shaker ||
    188 - 200+ * Minotaur Hero's Brew

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quick Guide

If you have a fair amount of time and coin to spend, you can also choose to do just these recipes to get your Brewing up.

0 - 122 * Fetid Essence || 122 - 248 * Minotaur Hero's Brew ||

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Merchant NPCs and Locations

To help ease the confusion on finding the right merchants in nearby cities that sell the necessary materials for Brewing, I will list them below, along with the city they are in, what they sell, and a link to their position. I try to get everything from one person or area as I can to cut down on running around.

I focused on the Merchants in Qeynos and Freeport (exception being OoT for the Kiola Nut) to get the items you need.

East Freeport:
    * Filrion Dokius - Dwarven Ale, Elven Wine, Gnomish Spirits, Grapes. Mead, Short Beer, Vodka (Carrot, Lettuce, Turnip combined), Water Flask
    * Palrion Enieus - Fishing Bait, Fishing Grubs, Snake Scales

West Freeport:
    * Krystin Charcoal - Bottle, Cask, Hops, Malt, Shotglass, Wine Yeast, Yeast

Ocean of Tears (OoT):
    * Cleonae Kalen - Kiola Nut

North Qeynos:
    * Sneed Galliway - Bottle, Fishing Bait, Water Flask
    * Ania Klephia - Cask, Grapes, Mead, Short Beer, Shotglass

South Qeynos:
    * Heidi Grainsifter - Hops, Malt, Wine Yeast, Yeast

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Locations of Brew Barrels by City

* Ak'Anon: Located by Drigaz Grumblegrowl
    * Cabilis (East): Outside tent of Brewer Prixal
    * Erudin: Inside BlueHawk's
    * Felwithe (North): In basement room of Tournik's Venom
    * Freeport (East): Located by Jaleel Hoglomp
    * Freeport (West): Outside Hogcaller's Inn
    * Grobb: Inside Gunthaks Beltch
    * Halas: Inside McDonald's Fine Cider
    * Kaladim (South): Inside Pub Kal
    * Kelethin: Across from Soldiers of Tunare
    * Neriak (Commons): Inside Blind Fish
    * Oggok: Inside Meet And Drink Tew Bie
    * Paineel: Near Taralani Rahnta
    * Qeynos (North): Inside Crow's Bar
    * Qeynos (South): Inside Fish's Ale
    * Rivervale: On 2nd floor inside Fool's Gold
  15. malaki Augur

The quick guide is good, but when I'd probably still do short beers to trivial first since you'll just use them for the hero brews anyway.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.