TLP Autogrant AA

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Barudin_Phinigel, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I was just curious as to how it's going to work? The only information I can find is the below.

Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/

And from someone who actually played in Fippy.
    Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/phingel-aa-autogrant.239714/

We already know it's not two prior expansions or autogrant would have started already. So are we going to get autogrant in Depths for Luclin AA? Personally I think this is necessary as the barrier of entry for the server is growing quite a bit.
  2. Zinkeh Augur

What is autogrant and how is it better than picking the ones you want?
  3. tuttles Augur

if you meet all the requirements to otherwise 'buy' the AA, and it falls within the proper expansion, and you have 'autogrant enabled'. The first time you log that character in, you get all appropriate AAs that match those criteria

So say you log in on 1/31 with a lvl 60 character, with 0AAs on phinigel and autogrant does indeed activate with DoDH, any and all luclin classified AA's that your character would be eligible for would automatically be given to the character for free. Run3, CA3, CS3... etc etc etc instead of 0AAs, you'd go straight to ~200ish depending on class.

Other way to think about it, you want to level a new character, any time they hit the appropriate level for an AA, they would just get it, so like lvl 50,. you'd get "innate run speed I", and a bunch of other "tier I skills", 55 and so on
    snailish likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

As I've noted before, there are quite a few things inaccurate in that FAQ. Some they later corrected, some are still wrong.

Other examples are vet rewards (available in Gates, not PoP) and tutorial (available in pop, not gates.)

Obviously what they posted is not accurate or we would have had Luclin aa's autogranted when Gates released.

I guess we will know for sure in about two weeks, but I am pretty confident that it will work exactly as it works on Fippy and Vulak, which I described and you quoted.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

But can I struggle through two more weeks without buying pet hold on my alt? =/
    Aziuno likes this.
  6. Punchu Augur

I was under the impression that when we voted back on last servers we were deciding for the foreseeable future on all TLPs to come.
  7. Machentoo Augur

That was my understanding too. Either way, I doubt they would have different autogrant rules for different tlp's.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

They won't. They want to Ronco Rotisserie it . . . . set it and forget it.
  9. Aziuno Augur

Wouldn't Auto Grant just making grouping worse?

Yes, it allows new characters to 'catch up quicker'... but is it really?

Now instead of having to grind out 1,000 AA's on your Alt, you are only grinding out 600 or something?

You now lowered grouping required by 1/3.

Effect = 1/3 less people grouping?
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This logic trail is blowing my mind.

Yes really. A character who joins the server late doesn't need to grind more AAs. Players already on the server likely already have the majority of these AAs having played through that content therefore they won't be grouping any less. The only case they would be grouping less is when creating a new alt and in that case they would be grouping just as much as a new player...

Autogranting is good. It should happen even earlier on TLPs and go to more recent expansions. DoDH should probably autogrant up to PoP if we really want to keep the potential for new blood as a real possibility.
  11. Aziuno Augur

Less time grinding = less time grouping.
    Less time grouping = less groups.

Yes, Fresh character to Completed character race is now shorter... but you are also lowering the overall grouping done by 1/3 since all characters grouping have 1/3 less to grind.

You are lowering the grouping done in general, which I imagine would hurt the newbies leveling up.
    New Alts typically roll with a box crew or out of group support of some sort and level faster than the newbies are, even more exasperating the issue.

I guess I don't see how my logic trail is blowing your mind... Seems to make sense to me.. less time people spending grouping, the less groups in general are out there.. not everyone groups at the same hours of the day, so you are now lowering potentials of key classes to fill in groups, or just head count.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Not everyone wants to spend hours upon hours grinding for useless aa either. Autogrant enables newer people to catch up and alts to catch up. They still have four expansions worth of aa to catch up on. I'm sorry but I don't agree with your logic at all.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Think of it more as the pool of people LFG will be a bit more prepared for current content. At least in DoDH you know that anyone you pick up for a PUG will have basic stuff like the first levels of ca/cs, combat fury, etc. The Luclin ranks of those are a huge boost compared to the ranks from later expansions, and characters who don't have them will not be able to perform their class function very well. Yes, there might be a little less grouping overall, but most people don't really enjoy grouping in pugs with people who have no aa at all anyway. (Or no gear for that matter, but at least this solves the aa side of the problem to some extent.)
  14. Aziuno Augur

That makes sense to me, thanks for explaining it in a different way.

I was looking at the raw time spent grouping, not the quality. I can see how just improving quality of life in grouping from this would make people more willing to group with pugs.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The bold is why. Players already on Phinigel that have been playing for the past 4-5 expansions have all of the Luclin AAs of consequence. Autogrant changes 0 in their grouping amount. It does however give a huge leap ahead for new players.

Instead of old Phinigel player being at 1000 AAs going into DoDH and new Phinigel player being at 0. It's now old Phinigel player being at 1000 AAs going into DoDG and new Phinigel player being at 250 AAs. It's not like autogrant gives you 250 banked AAs to spend freely as you choose. It will only benefit those who haven't already purchased Luclin era AAs, IE new players and new boxes/Alts.
  16. Aziuno Augur

You are missing my point entirely, and I never mentioned anything about old players, who cares about them, they don't group anyway.
    It doesn't matter anymore, Machentoo helped me see if from a different point of view.
  17. Golgoret Lorekeeper

Auto-grant is awesome. Random pointless fact: I played Everquest for about 6 years starting with OoW. I never once realized exactly what Auto-Grant AA's did. I thought it would automatically spend AA's that you learned on AA's that the game considered important. Which means before quitting for the first time, I grinded out hundreds of AA's I could have just received for free. When I finally turned it on for the very first time on a level 85 toon, I got like 5,000 AA's and was disgusted with myself for not figuring that out a decade earlier
  18. Machentoo Augur

The good news is, it didn't exist a decade earlier. It was only added three or four years ago.
  19. Numiko Augur

coming up on the 4th anniversary of auto-grant, started with the Feb 19th 2014 patch...