Tipsy Gnome Race (Anniv. 17) says completed when never done

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Llantha, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Llantha New Member

121 Druid (Wood Elf Female) using alt persona to do the 17th Anniversary Tipsy Gnome Race. Also a 121 Warrior (Wood Elf Female- don't ask... it seemed like a good idea at the time) with me has same problem.
    Other 121 Warrior (Human Male) had no problem.
    I believe that we all did the same thing in the same places- POK on mains, buy twink gear, create persona, twink it, go to Ak’Anon. He hails Tipsy and all is well. We got “Well, well, well. It looks as though you have done this already” or words to that effect.
    If I look at my achievements, it is not marked off. I know that I have never done it because no free slots on the account. I [1] will try again and [2] also with a different account.
    Will update if anything changes.
    Tunare Server Race on 3/17/24, 3:00 PM, PDT
    Processor11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Installed RAM64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
    Windows 10 Home, Version22H2, Installed on‎9/‎19/‎2021 (Original Factory Install)
    OS build19045.4170, ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19054.1000.0
    EtoileNEO likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are all gnomes right? Level 1? That is specific to this race so not sure how it will affect AP.

Why bother twinking? Just park a high level character at the end in Estate of Unrest and run the race with the level 1 guys. When they get to Unrest then have the high level character kill the mobs so the level 1 guys can get to the end NPC

But this might help - Prathun has the break down on how its all related.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gnome-race-broken.264203/
  3. Hegsheoshed Augur

I did an oops and meant to post this here. They should make a new character slot that you have to purchase and you can only make new level 1 characters on it for these type of things.s.
  4. EtoileNEO New Member

I have never run this race before. Tried to do it with Llantha (post above, could not get task assigned) and Artybouy (successfully had task assigned). We ALL used the Persona feature to create our level 1 gnomes. We were grouped when we requested. Artybouy happened to ask first and got the task. Llantha and I were denied. Does being grouped affect the task assignment even though it is an individual task?

Annotated screenshot attached[IMG]
    Response to our /petition sent us to bug report so here I am.
    Suggestions? Fixes?
  5. EtoileNEO New Member

6. EtoileNEO New Member

Yes - All gnomes - I was also in the group
  7. EtoileNEO New Member

Turns out the correct answer was "you can't be grouped to request the task" -- if you are grouped only the first person in the group will receive the task and the others will be blocked from obtaining it. We did the entire exact same thing only we were not grouped and each of us was able to get the task and then group for safety in numbers during the run.
  8. EtoileNEO New Member

Turns out the correct answer was "you can't be grouped to request the task" -- if you are grouped only the first person in the group will receive the task and the others will be blocked from obtaining it. We did the entire exact same thing only we were not grouped and each of us was able to get the task and then group for safety in numbers during the tun.
  9. EtoileNEO New Member

Turns out the correct answer was "you can't be grouped to request the task" -- if you are grouped only the first person in the group will receive the task and the others will be blocked from obtaining it. We did the entire exact same thing only we were not grouped and each of us was able to get the task and then group for safety in numbers during the tun.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't know why, but the visual of gnomes grouping up for "safety in numbers" makes me laugh.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your right, no where in any of the write ups or reference sites about this quest does it specify its does not work with groups. Glad you figured it out.

So its not a bug and can be closed, thanks!
  12. GNOME_POWER Augur

I believe the gnome character used in the task became a red name when the number of uses were exhausted.
    Need to be careful...
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought they made them all red for this race. Your supposed to make a new one and then dispose of it. Throw away gnomes.

Used to get like 7 runs off one gnome but they changed it and don't get that many anymore.