Tinkering stuck at 300

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by yabbadabbadoo, Nov 19, 2020.

1. yabbadabbadoo New Member

My little gnome is max AA and max evolved with the tinkering trophy.
    With nearly all recipies learnt he hasn't progressed beyond 300.
    Other tradeskills have progressed beyond 300, it's just tinkering that is stuck.
    I submitted a ticket and got the reply "We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes."
    I searched the forums and other bugs but can't find anything related to my problem so hence my own bug report.
    Dythan likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Checked my existing gnome, still has > 300 skill. You are at 13/13 tinkering mastery AA? Are you making the recipes you already know in the tradeskill container window or are you making recipes you have not learned in the tradeskill container window? Try scribing the tinkering cultural books, those should be recipes that count toward > 300. If that doesn't work then it may have gotten broken in the patch that fixed the characters that were required to learn too many recipes to get 350 skill.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-calculates-qualifying-recipe-counts.262902/
    Rondor likes this.
  3. Rondor Augur

Specifically the Tinkering Mastery AA line starts by doing a quest in Ak'Anon given by Rylin Coil, near the bottom of the waterfall area. Please double-check whether this quest was done.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4301

Also please double-check your skills window. If all the Tinkering Mastery AAs have been learned it should show "/350" in the second part of the number in the skills column, like 300/350 if you unequip your trophy.
    yabbadabbadoo, Duder and Yinla like this.
  4. yabbadabbadoo New Member

Thank you Rondor, I hadn't done my tinkering mastery, you are a superstar.
    No more endless failures on the belt combines.
    Rondor likes this.