Time zones, or lack there of....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bamboompow, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Bamboompow Augur

Being aware that the math is against me, with a shrinking player base and the East Coast having the highest concentration of people, is there any guild that raids outside of EST? I saw Descendants went bust and they were the last raiding guild to my immediate knowledge that raided in Pacific time that did a halfway decent job of it.

Has it gotten to that point where if you don't live East of the Mississippi and you have a job or whatever daytime responsibilities, raiding is a lost cause? Either because there are no guilds left that cater to Pacific or you have to take your chances with open raids structured to gear alts of the Eastern guilds?

I am sure some of the more particular people will say that this post needs to be under the recruitment forum, but pigeon holing all of prime time play into one to maybe two time zone (Eastern and Central US) or Euro and structuring the game around it creates even more attrition that not even server mergers can fix.
  2. Aghinem Augur

Our raids are Central / Eastern Time based and have a number of folks who do raid with us from Pacific time. We don't have any mandatory attendance requirements and do often admit people to the raid who are late from our initial start time of 7:30pm CST. If you need any further information, go to our website at the link below:

http://knightsofinfinity.org

Read the charter and if we look like a proper fit, just register and apply. Thanks!
  3. Viper1 Augur

There really is no good answer. If a guild starts later in order to accommodate west coasters, their east coast players start logging off before the raid is done, which means you lose some of your raid force on the back end. I'd say your options are to find a guild that raids primarily on the weekends. However, you may not always be doing current content. Or rearrange your work schedule to be finished earlier. Back in the day, I started going to work at 6am so that I could be home in time for my guild's 4:30 pst start time.
    Aghinem likes this.
  4. strongbus Augur

another thing is look for a guild with so many players(if any left) that you have a steady stream of people logging on as others log out. I once belonged to a guild that had enough people spread out over the USA and a few other countries, that as people in one time zone where logging for the night other time zones would be logging in to take their place. We would start bout 7pm est(my time zone) and because of the make up of the guild could go to like 1 or 2 am est.
  5. CherryCoke Apprentice

Ne Cede Malice on Erollisi Marr raids from 9pm to 1am PST on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. We have cleared TBM. If you are interested, here is our website:

http://teamnecedemalice.com/portal/
    Aghinem, Xanathol and Koryu like this.
  6. Hiladdar Augur

Descendents start time for raids was sorta unique, a few hours after EST / CST time slot guilds started raiding and a few hours prior to Ne Cede Malice started their raids. Unfortunately, serverwide, there were not enough of a player base who wanted to start raiding at about 7pm PST.

I live on the West Coast in the USA. When Descendents folded, I looked around at other guilds, and I was not able to find any top end guild which started raiding around that time slot.
  7. Critts Augur

We start early on Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon. We have people that raid with us from many different places around the world. Most of the people that really want to raid adjust there life in someway shape or form. We have people that regularly wake up at 3 am in order too raid. I know that I personally have to stay up as long as 27 hours in a row to raid on Sunday as I have to work morning shift EST and night shift with raids in the middle. Yea it sucks but I'm willing to do it if I have to.
  8. Zulan Lorekeeper

You Sir are dedicated on Sundays.
  9. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Living in Australia, i used to raid with a Euro guild (housemate raided with Australian guild - shared PC at the time)... So i'd raid from 2:3am, 6 days a week. Yes, it made work... interesting. Raid, work, sleep, raid, work, sleep.