Time entitled to my account!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by poppyspy, Apr 7, 2024.

1. poppyspy New Member

Hello,

Something that has been bothering me for many years now is the time EverQuest has entitled to my original account; this account. I began playing as a very young teenager during the original EverQuest days. My brother bought the game and my vague memory could not remember the exact time we started. However, as this is the 25th Anniversary of EQ I decided it was time to contact Support about this issue.

For many years this account, my original account, has told me I have 5 fewer years entitled to it than it should have when I type /played. I have always been certain I played pre-Kunark, as I remember how excited my brother was for the release of the first expansion (and I remember the cloth map that came with the CD in the box!)

After contacting support, this is what I was told: "After looking into your issue further, it looks like your account was created January 31, 2000. If you feel that the systems aren't working properly, you are welcome to submit a bug report..."

This was encouraging news to me, as although it misses the 1999 mark just a bit, my memory of those early teenage EQ years was correct - I did play within the first year, and pre-Kunark.

So, I am not sure if this is how you create a "bug report" as they told me to do, but this is the only way they said that the time entitled to my account could be adjusted properly.

(Side note: About 4 years ago I was playing on a TLP with a fellow who had created his account many years after EverQuest was released. He would type /played and it entitled 27 years to his account at that time (4 years ago!). That would be 31 years now? I am suspecting this is a bug other people have encountered. I would just like my account to reflect what it should. Loyalty in EverQuest is a thing, right?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Most likely your friend was a guide at some stage and had extra entitlement time added.

Your account will only show the entitlement on the account that you were subbed, that changed when the servers went to F2P when time started to get entitlement added even if you had no sub.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

It says it right in the text...

...Your total time ENTITLED on this account is approximately ...

EQ does not have an "age" listing for the account. It has your character birthday. And then at the end it lists your entitled time. Entitled time did mean something at one point as it set which Veteran rewards your account was eligible for (and also how many characters could receive on the account). Now they give the Veteran rewards to everyone and entitled time stopped meaning anything.

Reasons your entitled time might not match your account existence time:
    - Purchased yearly subscriptions ahead of your renewal (when this added extra time to your account)
    - Guide service
    - Unsubscribed for periods of time before FTP was present
    - System malfunction
    - Others that I probably forgot

You can want to change the entitled time, but it has *zero* effect the current game. I doubt CS has the ability to even change it.
    Barton-Vox and CatsPaws like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some players show 45 or even 79 years entitled on the accounts.It might be a bug but as Brick posted above there are so many variables that affect this and it would take a massive undertaking to sort it all out.

So the /played command shows your birth date and time.

For example one of mine shows crated at 2001 at 16:45

It also shows your age which is probably closer to what you remember

You age in earth 23 years and norrathian time (468)

And entitled time shows 18 years.

So while that character is 23 years old it is only entitled to 18 years cause I by passed the patcher or whatever.

It really does not affect anything until they come up with a use based on entitled time. It does nothing.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

entitled time in /played is not equal to account creation.
    They are not the same thing
  6. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I have over 42 years entitled on one of my accounts which was made in 2000. They did some weird multiplicative addition in the database at some point 2 decades ago and this is what we are left with. None of it matters whatsoever for veteran rewards.
    Silvena likes this.