Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bewts, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Bewts Augur

After completing the Key to "Level 1" and entering the Tides of Time instance, my Level 65 group encountered 4 blue con skeletons and a yellow con, Level 68 "a withered memory"

[IMG]

Engaging the 4 skeletons was trivial. The ones on the left side came to the left corner without a problem and the task updated as expected. The ones on the ride side, however would reset to full HP if pulled too far from their spawn points, which struck me as odd (bug?). After slaying the, the task updated again as expected.

[IMG]

When engaging the withered memory, the NPC melee hit at a reasonable damage range for a group of Level 65's

[IMG]

However, the withered memory's spells are far beyond the level scaling. I observed it use the following in 3 pulls - all of which failed. These should either scale or the spells be revised for the level range (Bug).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have heard reports of people using low level super buffed/ and winked personas to beat this boss, but it's abilities continue to chunk all but the most lucky. Also, he poofed using the persona approach and no task reward was provided (bug?).
    Jedis and Yinla like this.
  2. Kenuven Lorekeeper

You have 30 seconds to kill it before it wipes the whole room. We used cleric, druid, enchanter, and two bards to nuke while a monk initiated aggro so the nukers didn't get summoned. It's definitely not doable if you can't generate almost 2K DPS at lvl 65.
    Bewts likes this.
  3. Bewts Augur

Thanks boss - ranged dps was problematic. Once I ran my box all into melee range, he stopped doing his nasties. 3 Rangers, Bard, Shaman + cleric.

The first fight he took almost 40k damage and 21 seconds to win.
    The second fight he took 13k damage in 11 seconds to win.

The trash were also twincasting nasty nukes, almost zeroed a 12k HP 65 ranger on the pull.

Spells still strike me as not scaling correctly.
  4. Jedis Arch Mage

This event is horribly broken and needs a hotfix - the spells aren't scaling down for TLPs. Insta death AOE every attempt. It goes off at different times and is not a DPS check like mentioned. Went off 11 seconds after engaging, wiping the group.
  5. Jedis Arch Mage

He also casts another spell on the 4th run called Spear of Grelleth.

[IMG]
  6. Bewts Augur

Observed that as well. Seemed inconsequentiall. However, the trash can twincast nukes and that hurts at level 65.

Note - I think the AE triggers if anyone doesn’t enter combat immediately. I was successful 4x with it on for all 6 group members. However the one time I forgot to do this with the cleric, I took the AE.

It may have to do with the AE which does have a restriction “Out of Combat” that will trigger the AE.

The scythe nuke though, is still an effective DT if you don’t get a partial resist.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

Definitely doesn't have anything to do with entering combat. Had all 6 enter combat by using melee. Just tried again and we were still death touched.
  8. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Any news around here ? This encounter is unplayable but with luck. And luck is sparse.
  9. Artanthos Journeyman

Not exactly, quite the opposite from my observations.

I've been doing with on a 37 magician. Pets has belt, HOS, Temp.

This puts me fighting a level 40 specter. The slash hits for ~3k. The AoE has only ever triggered if I nuked from outside melee range and hits for 23k.

In every fight, I just send the pet in, the pet takes a 3k hit, and the specter self destructs after a few second. Healing does not seem to trigger the AoE.

At 65 with a full group, I pulled with Divine Aura up. The specter did the PBAOE (which seems to hit the entire room) killing everyone else before my DA wore off. It then self destructed while I was running to zone out, leaving me alive and the group with a completed mission.

The specter dis not seem to have much of a damage difference between 37 magician/cleric duo and full 60's. group. The encounter is either not scaling, or scaling poorly.
  10. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

A clear as day RoF spell at 65, lol