This weeks new content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nickster86, May 25, 2014.

1. Nickster86 Elder

Just curious as to what this weeks content is that will be released ( seeing as how it was posted a while back we would get something new weekly hooray!). So will it be new quests? New loot to be purchased with currency from vendors? I know that we are getting new spells and such in June so I can't wait to see what you guys pull out this week and every week to come. I highly suggest that this thread get stickied and that once a week on Sunday a dev can post on here as to what exciting new content we will get weekly. After all they would promise something they wouldn't deliver on and I know they are going to come through and make good on what they said because if they didn't they sure would looks silly and have egg on their faces.
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Nick, remember the Devs are doing the best they can. Actually, I think they are doing a great job, considering their limited resources.

It's the folks above them that are hurting the game, draining EQ resources for other games, rather than reinvesting them back in EQ.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I tend to agree with this. And it's a shame EQ isn't getting all the resources it's contributing to the coffers.
    That said...
    It's time to stop all the "hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth" regarding the Plane of War and get back to the business at hand. ie I would hope that some of the Wednesday releases include a couple more Raids (and a Couple more Heroic Adventures) in the new Tower of Rot zone.
    Just going by CotF standards, this new zone isn't up to it's full potential - yet.
    -R
  4. Lily Augur

I meant to hit reply rather than "like"
    Not that I don't like it, but I wanted to point out that the devs assured us they had more than enough resources to add new content weekly. If they can't handle it, they should not have emphatically promised. "
    Do we really mean weekly? Every week? Absolutely!"

Not a direct quote, but close enough.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Nickster86 Elder

If they are unable to do things weekly then they should say "hey we said stuff and can't follow through so here is what we are going to do" not just go " well lets hope they forgot what we told them". If you were to pay a maintenance man to make improvements and do work on property and all he did was trim the hedges then plant a rose bush one week and he says " well I said I would improve the place so in the past month I planted a bush" you would tell him that's not why your paying him and that you want results for your money. If they came deliver then just say so. Until then I will anxiously await content weekly then will question on the weeks it's not delivered and hope as to an explanation as to why it wasn't and when we can expect it.
  6. Vlerg Augur

passive-aggressive attitude toward the dev won't make things any better, even if totally justified.

the ''weekly new content'' will likely be meaningless stuff like tower of rot pre-launch.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That is actually how I took the initial description of it when they announced weekly updates. Also, notice I said updates not content updates. They additionally never said that there would be new content each week just that things would be added or expanded every week. Sometimes it's new content, other times it is just opening up more info or a new feature that was added previously but not made available yet.