This is beyond belief!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Risko New Member

I'm also outraged. I'm missing my Plane of Time flag, all my Plane of Time gear and 782 krono's.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

You too? :)
  3. Lumiens Augur

Maybe there is a possibility of everyone that is subbed getting a few days added onto their membership time for this? I've had other MMO companies add on membership time when there was downtime like this.
  4. Xeris Augur

There is no possibility of that :p
  5. Atern New Member

People keep referring to EQ as a "20 year old game"... Sure it was originally written way back then, but writing NEW code for NEW expansions and NEW content makes this not a 20 year old game. Unless y'all are implying that all that NEW code was actually written 20 years ago and they have just been sitting on it until now.
  6. Runes Augur

That would be nice or maybe a 3 pack of xp pots or some benefit that free playing accounts don't get as well during this free for all window.
  7. Zee_Rex Journeyman

Again, I don't know anything about the tech involved here, but I'm gonna take a swing at solving this anyway.

So, you make a server - but not a real one, get me? You use it to TEST this "new code" witchcraft before you put it out there live. Perhaps we can call it a "test server", maybe even open it to the public!

I know, groundbreaking stuff here.
    Runes likes this.
  8. Febb Augur

This is actually within the realms of belief and not beyond so I don't subscribe to the thread title.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Xeris Augur

Ya. I will say that 2017-2018 this was pretty common during patch times... over the past year or so this has not happened too often, but it's definitely not beyond belief.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Atern New Member

Very true. It's irresponsible to launch a software update without testing. From what limited knowledge I have about this situation, I don't think functional testing would caught this. Load testing on the other hand...

But these are practices that IT companies (should) follow, regardless of how old the original product is. I was merely pointing out that just because something was originally written a long time ago, that doesn't mean any new code written today in that product is somehow magically immune to bugs.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Think of EQ as an old jalopy. Maintenance and failure increase with age.

[IMG]
  12. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

Mr. Braddock: Ben, this whole idea sounds pretty half-baked.
    Benjamin: No, it's not, Dad. It's completely baked. It's a decision I've made.
  13. Zee_Rex Journeyman

If that's the case, this might be more of an "old yeller" situation than an old jalopy.
  14. Runes Augur

crag79 if you can show me anywhere in my original post that I even mentioned my levels, or hinted at them in anyway, you get a cookie. Should be easy to find if I did since I used a total of 4 sentences for the entire post.

I can say however that I envy your reading comprehension and can see your're a rebel that doesn't give a rats a$$ what people type, you will read it your way or its the highway.
  15. Akog New Member

Go get some fresh air. Relax watch netflix. Seriously its just a game.
    eepok likes this.
  16. crag79 Augur

My reading comprehension is just fine. You are the one complaining about losing 8 levels in Paladual Caverns. WTF cares at that level. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. I read it as its typed. You had to make a post about losing 8 levels but you didn't say anything about where or what levels. You purposely baited people into an argument because you have nothing better to do. How about you just let it go and find something else to do. Maybe read a book, call a friend/loved one you haven't talked to lately. Honestly, if you are that upset about something in a game, you need a break.
  17. Runes Augur

Dude I think you need to back away from the crack pipe because you the one that completely added your own thoughts and spin on what I typed and making this more than it was. I cannot help what rattled in your head that you misread and added your own wrong narrative, show me where I misled you? There was no baiting at all.

What I stated was a fact and ya, its like 4-5 hours lost, items gone and will be another 2-3 hours again to just get back to where I was and a lot of people are pissed and in the same boat.

I love how people that were not affected by the rollbacks and didn't lose anything come on and bi.tch to people to not be upset. No one needs your toxicity
  18. Kittany Augur

My best guess is that a large majority of the programmers and developers are working from home right now. And so, its probably remoting in to access the files. I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess that they also do not own the servers and have to deal with the server company's CS as well.
  19. Protagonist Tank

While rollback claims are often exagurated - in this case, if you were logged in when the server cacked itself, you weren't kicked, could continue playing as normal (though tells didn't work), and anything done during that time was rolled back as if it never happened.

I personally lost 7 levels and 3aas, as I was in a rocking group during this time. I recognized that the server issue was probably going to eat my progress, and I know DPG's horrific/absentee customer service is going to do nothing to fix it - so I walked into the party prepared for this particular type of involuntary copulation - but it's disingenuous to pretend it doesn't happen to people.
  20. crag79 Augur

Your whole post adds nothing to the server and is not constructive in the slightest. You want to complain- talk to customer service.