This Game is Great!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anker, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Anker New Member

Get me and my box to an open camp and exp for a bit.

Someone comes in, DPS races me for every mob, then leaves for a bit.

I get trained, have to run.

Come back to camp and set back up.

Disconnected from server. Email with a 7 day suspension for “training”.

Thanks DPG for a great experience. I put up with the lag, the queue, the boxers claiming every cash camp, and just try to eek out some time to enjoy the game - but you finally were able to drive me away for good! This GM enforcement is top notch. (No you can’t have my stuff, it goes to the grave with me)

The good news is, GM enforcement is not a myth, keep those petitions going!
  2. Thewiz Augur

Mmmmhmmmm….tell me more.....
  3. Excruciator_Test New Member

I have not been trained, dps raced or harassed in any way, ever on Rizlona. I have been given full, max level buffs while leveling, and everyone I have encountered has been respectful and generous. Even some 12/18/24 boxers have proactively asked me to join them for gear/fun.

What everyone has to realize is this: when it comes to human beings, if there is a lack of resources, there will be conflict. The reason Rizlona is better in this aspect than Aradune is because people can be self sufficient on this server. There is much less competition for resources due to this self sufficiency. Lets list the resources in EQ.

#1. Groups - You cant do anything in EQ that really matters without a group or a raid. Finding groups takes time and effort. this is a resource.
    #2. Camps - Yes a camp is a resource just like a group is.
    #3. Gear - This is absolutely obvious.
    #4. Plat - clearly
    #5. Subscription - If it is hard to obtain your sub, then you will have sacrificed a lot to play the game. If you have to sacrifice a lot of time to log in, then you will care much more about the time you play in game. As the author of this thread has made evident. The more we sacrifice to play, the more intense feelings we will have.

Why did I state such obvious things? to explain why Rizlona and Aradune have such a different contrast in the experience.
    1. On Rizlona, groups are super easy to get, because you almost always have all the classes available at all times from almost everyone there.
    2. You nearly always are able to get a camp. And if you cant, you can still accumulate a massive amount of plat by selling trash loot since its only divided between 1 or a few individuals. Its pretty easy to buy the items you want if you cant get a cash camp.
    3. Gear is easy to get when you box a full group or almost a full group, or a significant portion of a full group.
    4. Plat is easy to get as stated in 2.
    5. Sub - Truebox is "expensive", subs are maxed at 2 per person. Limit the subscriptions and each one becomes more valuable to you in your mind. Your characters mean more to you and then by default, so does the time you spend on them. This creates high emotion and when all the other things are more scarce, it will show up as toxicity in interactions with others. If you like cutthroat competition. Aradune is the place to go. If you want more relaxed competition, Rizlona is the place. Most posts I have seen have this backwards. People think boxers are the problem, but it has been that rescources are the problem. They always have been and always will be. Wherever humans form a society, we will "fight" over resources unless they are overabundant for the population that exists there. In the digital world, creating limitless resources is possible for the most part. This is why Rizlona is awesome. If you hate your experience on Aradune. Rizlona is probably a better place for you to be. Just be sure to leave bad attitudes and jaded view points behind.
  4. Mercanyin Augur

We need more information to come to a conclusion.
    Please provide a list of

Names, classes and levels of the offending characters.
    Timestamps of the issue and issue duration.
    DPS parses.
    Your setup location relative to the NPC you are trying to engage with map layout and GPS triangulation.
    A full hand written account with a police(GM) report.
    Resurrection costs, court fees and the name of law firm representing you.
  5. nagash101 Augur

hmm, perhaps you did all the things you think you didn't do. perhaps the suspension was warranted.