This expansion is BROKEN.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vazuvius, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Lanadorm New Member

Please fix the 8.5 day lockout on vim and vigor raid.
    Zeiss likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

Did them, had no bugs, did them again Sunday and Monday no problem. If u had a bug I do hope you've added it to the bug thread.
  3. Gumby Augur

You're making yourself look like an ignorant with defending DBG so much.

I'm nearly done with all of the progression and some of these quests / missions need major tuning and do contain major bugs. There are ways to get around some things, but you stating that you didn't have any bugs just reeks of ignorance.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I haven't experienced any bugs either as I gone have through this stuff. Does this make me an idiot, just lucky, or somewhere in between?
    sifonin likes this.
  5. Aghinem Augur

Is that from Step by Step; why does this look familiar?
  6. Rhodz Augur

Seems to be the worst kind of problem, the intermittent kind.
    Works for some every time fails for others every time in between its a crap shoot. Hated those and possibly it points to things done in other areas of coding that is affecting the point where its visible.
    If thats the case good luck people they can be real bears, though it doesnt excuse ignoring the beta data that pointed to issues clearly. That is why betas exist after all to catch the problems the devs cannot, for whatever reason, duplicate.
  7. Gumby Augur

All you have to do is look through the posts and see the massive amount of bugs posted to know where they are. You obviously haven't done much in the expansion yet and are just now getting to stuff that was already fixed.

I appreciate the desire to stick up for one of your guildies in Derdarr, but turning a blind eye to the massive amount of bugs in this expansion and to proudly state that you have experienced any in a thread dedicated to those bugs is absurd.

So i'm going to go with All of the Above to answer your question.
    Silv likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Malcolm in the Middle
  9. Derd Augur

I can only go on my experience, and I have only pity on u if your done with progression a week after launch. Have fun the next 51 weeks :)
  10. Aghinem Augur

Ahh thats it. I knew it looked familiar!
  11. segap Augur

For me, doing the progression is the boring part. Getting it done means I can actually do the fun stuff and not worry about the scripted, mundane errand tasks.
  12. Iila Augur

I'm one? two? three? maybe buggy challenger achievements from finishing all the group content except for hunters and collections.

After that I'm done with EQ except for raiding for another year.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Bro, there is no need to stick up for Derd. He is perfectly capable of doing that himself. You are the one who is saying people are idiots if they have not experienced this expansion exactly as you have. I simply related my experiences up to this point. You wouldn't happen to be a student at the University of Missouri or Yale would you?
    Elricvonclief and code-zero like this.
  14. Mistatk Augur

I agree with all the points made by previous posters. This expansion was unfinished, and really doesn't offer much at all in terms of ways to progress your player, which is what I think most people want. Everything that was done seems to be the exact opposite of what "Holly" said would be done. Maybe if this was 10$ and was called a campaign?(whatever happened to that idea), I'd ignore it, be glad it was cheap and ask when a real expansion is coming out. It would be nice if a company official came out and said, we can no longer afford to develop everquest, it doesn't make us enough money. Brand new 100% finished product games come out and are in the 30-60$ range, why everquest can't be developed for that price I don't know. For a few years I suspected as EQ NExt was going to be the super big hit and was under development, and that had to be payed for somehow, that EQ profits were going toward developing that. Which isn't really fair to EQ players. Anyhow, I'd be willing to pay more to continue to play EQ, but paying and getting nothing doesn't help me any.
  15. Risiko Augur

You actually make a REALLY good point. Compared to other software on the market, $35 could have gotten you a whole lot more than what you got in this expansion.

For your $35, you got 2 new zones, 2 alternate version of those 2 new zones with different lighting and mob population, a handful of reused zones, a handful of broken quests, some spells and AAs that added nothing to your character really and... well... that's it.

Just a quick look on Steam, and you could have gotten any of the following for $35.99 or less:
    • Assassin's Creed Unity ($35.99)
    • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ($29.99)
    • Mad Max ($29.99)
    • Assassin's Creed Rogue ($29.99)
    • Final Fantasy Type-O HD ($29.99)
    • F1 2015 ($27.49)
    • Pillars of Eternity ($22.49)
    • Tales from the Badlands ($12.49)
    • Banished ($4.99)
    • Mini Ninjas ($2.49)
    That's just a handful of games for the same price or less, and any one of them would have been a better purchase for your money. That's just sad.
    You should be ashamed DBG... ASHAMED!!!
  16. Kolani Augur

Okay, so I have something positive to say about the expansion. I enjoy how it gives priests (and casters, I guess), the option to sacrifice hp for mana. My shaman has always been really mana deficient, The new boots have almost 4k mana on them augged and around 3k hps.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

just goes to show, one persons bug is another persons feature ;)