Third box synergy

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Survilius, May 17, 2015.

1. Survilius Journeyman

Hi all. I'm boxing and SK/wiz and planning on adding a third. I've got a ranger, bard, shaman, and bst all about the same level, but I;m not sure what would provide me with the best synergy. I have another 3 box I play thats my main group, so I'm really just looking for a third that will help with grinding and the occasional name.
  2. Croak Augur

Is it going to be an all access account? Maybe existing silver? That can make a difference on which boxes are viable.
    Enc & bard can both boost a group significantly without much user intervention with buffs/aura or songs/aura and give you the crowd control needed for some content. Both can function well at very low AA count.
    Druid gives decent synergy for dps & debuffs, good tracking & both healing/dps

If you have an SK you will likely have lots of buff bots in addition to what you might choose to do challenging content with.
  3. Survilius Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. They will all be full-access accounts so that's not a problem. My other group I run is a mage/druid/enc, so I'm basically just trying to find something that will provide a little variety utilizing other classes. I've been using 2 healer mercs with the wiz/sk which has been working pretty well. I could prbably set up both the sk and wiz witha couple of macros that would do all they need to do, and then focus more on the third guy.
    I've never done much with the bard other than used him for pulling/melody. The bst I was thinking I'd have slow and could even forget about meleeing if I was feeling lazy for some decent dps via his pet, but I;m really open to any third other than mage/dru/enc.
  4. Croak Augur

Maybe you haven't got epic 1/5/2.0 done or are low on gear/augs, but very little content needs 2 healer mercs.. Underfoot @lv85 in grp gear but very little else if you are max level for the era.
    You can't take your mercs with you on old raid content.

If you really want something different ranger has better slow than BST from epic, better synergy with both SK & WIZ and a very mediocre heal capacity.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

I'd go shaman. You already have ports and snares. Shaman will allow you to do content where you can't use mercs. When you are using mercs, you can use the shammy to DPS and buff.

I've boxed shaman/sk/wiz as one of my 3 boxes for quite a while, it's one of the better ones in the game. There really isn't much you can't do with that combo.
  6. code-zero Augur

7. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

Shaman, soooo good with SK, and wizard for that burn
  8. Krit_Bertoxx Lorekeeper

Use the shaman. Heals/buffs/Debuffs/ADPS will be a good addition to the duo, shammy epic goes well with SK epic too.
  9. Survilius Journeyman

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll go with the shaman and start working on his epic 1.5 and my Sks epic 1.0.