thinking of making a new character.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tauriehl, May 3, 2015.

1. Tauriehl Journeyman

Hi, like the tittle says i am thinking of making a new character i was thinking mabey id make a rogue or berserker seems like it could be fun but ultimately im looking for something that can either solo or get groups fairly easy. i like seeing high dmg or having good survivability or both lol if its possible. also i prefer melee oriented over caster. how good are berserkers at dps suvival getting groups and solo ability or whichever class you might recommend. ty.
  2. Brohg Augur

Melee soloing is an act of will and defiance only, none of those classes are remotely good at it.

Consider a paladin, they 'solo' well at high level with a wiz merc and every group needs a good tank.
  3. Fendy Augur

Don't do it. It's a trap. Stick to the toons you already have. :)
  4. Mysl Augur

Have you look into Monk?
    Monk is melee class, do good dps, can solo some, can get group easier than some.
  5. Tauriehl Journeyman

how good are paladins warriors rogues monks druids what can they do what is their dps their survivability and their group and solo ability like.
  6. moogs Augur

Druids are amazing, but we're not really melee based. Warriors and rogues are best suited to grouping. Monks have the best solo ability of the pure melee classes because they can heal, mez, feign death. Paladins can manage all right solo with a mercenary (their damage mitigation is tied for second - along with shadow knights - to the warrior's).
  7. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Beserker dmg is pitiful without perfect support and even then it's just okay. Rogues struggle backstabbing from behind when solo. None of the melee are adept at making top parse in the end-game events.
  8. Brohg Augur

You seem to be curious about nearly every class. How about just go try some out, ya?
    moogs likes this.
  9. Rykard Augur

Tauriehl,

After re-reading your post and looking at classes you listed, I have to agree with several posters in that berserkers and rogues are highly dependent on groups or support classes.

With that in mind, I would suggest either a monk or beast-lord. Both meet your request of being melee and can put out some damage. Monk has a variety of disciplines for pulling or putting out pretty good damage. The beast has that hybrid-type utility allowing to fill damage and other needs via spells and melee. Beasts also get a pet to assist in tanking/damage dealing.

Rykard
    moogs likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

I have to agree with Rykard. Beastlords are really fun and versatile.
  11. Tauriehl Journeyman

does race matter i was thinking that i would like to have the bear pet so may try ogre =)
    sifonin likes this.
  12. moogs Augur

Race really doesn't matter. Not like it used to, anyway. All of the racial penalties were done away with a long time ago. You still have to worry about traveling around "good" parts of Norrath, but it's not a big deal anymore. If some snotty high elves attack you, you can sic your bear on them and show them what's what.
  13. sifonin Augur

Play a wood elf beastlord... your will have the most bad looking pet in the game...
  14. Behee Augur

The exp bonus for halflings is about the only one that is useful. It is a definite bonus when you compare to another char as you level them both up, but not so much that I would care.