think it's time to look at exp.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healiez Augur

I think we are at the point in the game, especially with luclin and aa around the corner to look at exp rates, especially the solo exp rate.

Right now there is zero reason to not just fill a group. I have done quite a bit of testing on this and the amount of exp per min doesn't seem to change regardless of how many people are in the group. With aa coming up this really needs to be looked at, solo should be a viable option for aa/exp grinding.

Let's take some more whacks at this poor horse.
  2. Xanadas Augur

You're complaining about AAXP rate before AAs can even be obtained. How do you even know how fast/slow it will be?

I think a lot of people are spoiled by the rate at which AA can be obtained on live servers. When AA was first introduced, people were not getting 100AA/day. You were getting 5-6/day if you had no job and had awesome groups ALL day.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  3. Chuuk Augur

I thought it was even less than that...AA exp was only like 2x that of regular exp at 50 or something. I remember when I became a Marshall (42 aa or so?) on my warrior...took literally weeks.
  4. Brumans Augur

You're upset that there's no reason to not fill a group?

How in the world is this a bad thing? EQ has always been a game that encourages grouping. If exp were changed so that it was more efficient to solo it would hurt grouping, and especially hurt classes that aren't as strong of solo'ers.

I'm just boggled by this complaint. "Right now there is zero reason to not just fill a group.". Great!
  5. Gloom Journeyman

Bruman is that you from the Rathe?
  6. Laronk Augur

The grouping bonus should always be good enough where its always worth it to group. Soloing is still "viable" you can still do it, it's just not as good.
  7. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

So.... you're saying people get the same amount of exp/hour whether they are Solo, a Full 6 man group, or anywhere in between?

Damn!! Awesome Job DBG! sounds like you've pretty much perfected the EXP/player ratio!

Now people can play however they want, solo, 2 box, full groups, doesn't matter you're all leveling equally! The game is NOT forcing you to play any specific manner!
  8. Brumans Augur

Sorry, no - I'm Bruman from EMarr, started in 1999 :). Someone else took my name on Phinny, though.
  9. Healiez Augur

Stupid auto correct, exp per mob not minute.

I'm not complaining about aa exp before it even comes out, I'm saying that right now solo exp is completely abysmal. I'm saying with aa coming into the game and another vector of exp starting up soloing should be a viable option like it was back in the day. Right now it's not. Sure you could get a group every time but sometimes you don't want to group. Sometimes it's nice to just chill, solo some crap without worrying about grouping, and get exp at a decent rate.
  10. Kiani Augur

Sometimes you don't have time to group, or can't get a group, and it's nice to get a bit of xp for a short bit, or while you look....

However, there's nothing stopping you doing that anyway, even though the solo rate isn't good. But I kinda like that it's bad enough that almost everyone prefers to group. Though it's a bit unfortunate for those classes that struggle to get groups.
  11. Numiko Augur

AA exp now is nothing like it was when Luclin launched, it used to be the exp needed to go from 50 to 51 .. but that formula has been changed many times over the years.

If they leave it the way it is we will be getting a 4000% exp bonus at zero aa's that slowly lowers until we get 5000 or so ..

Also they have already said Auto grant of AA's will be live on these servers, now as it's all the AA's from 4 expansions back for free. Depending on if they count LoY and LDON as "expansion" and stay with GoD & OOW double launch we may get all of Luclins and PoP AA's on that day for no cost.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Highly unlikely they will leave that in game. People will be max AAs far too quickly (there aren't that many to get right away.)
  13. vardune Augur

I completely agree leveling is WAY to easy. They need to adjust back to original exp rates. Not kidding.
  14. Dranix Augur

Increase time == increasing difficulty?

Flawless argument.
  15. vardune Augur

No increasing the exp rate means when you die it really actually hurts. Current exp rate is to fast, way to fast. Risk vs reward. If you have no risk who cares about the reward.
  16. bodes Augur

People die while XPing?
  17. Bewts Augur

Carebears want loot piñata instanced raid content. Then they want max level with zero time investment. Now it's max AA on launch.

Nostalgia is for lamers I guess.
  18. Dranix Augur

I'm confused, are you saying the difficulty of an encounter isn't what should determine if you get loot form it or not? It should be how quickly you can amass 100 people to kill it before someone else?

Enlightening.

God I feel like this argument happens way to often. Encounters arn't hard, tons of guilds are able to kill the same things you are. Its time to get over it.
  19. Flandersian Augur

I remember when the community was a pro for EQ. Prog servers have brought the filth out of hiding who attack anyone for anything.
  20. Ducreux Augur

Tedium != Difficulty. Why is this such a hard concept for some EQ players to grasp? That said, the lowered exp rate likely won't change as long as DBG continue to make bank selling us exp potions to offset it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.