Things to fix...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arrk, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Arrk Augur

Few items to fix before the Coirnav goes to Velious or the next TLP rolls out:

1. Being able to pull Dain into the pit.
    2. NTOV Agro preload with pets.
    3. Tunare zone yell and not re summoning all her adds.
    4. CoTH right up to Yelinak in Skyshrine.
    5. Infinite respawn of the gnome in ST

Did I forget anthing?
    tuttles likes this.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

1. Doesn't matter, CotH negates it as well.

2. Also doesn't matter, really, the only thing would be having to deal with the guards as well as tanking the boss.

3. Eh, maybe.

4. CotH'ing to Yelinak is not against the rules. You're trying to remove intended mechanics from the game.

5. You really want to RMT those weapons, don't you?
  3. qweasy Augur

Lodizal's respawn time is way too fast. He should be a 24 hour respawn.
  4. Arrk Augur

1. Dain was not meant to be pulled into the pit.. thus avoiding his guard and adds.

2. It is more then just tanking the adds...

3.Not fixing this negates the total design of the zone

4. While it is not against the rules... plenty of zones have CoTH negated to keep the zone design intact.

5. Infinite respawns of a boss mob was prob not intended
  5. Arrk Augur

I forgot...

Vulak can be triggered multiple times in a lockout by spacing out Lord and Lady kills... thus negating the DZ timer on Vulak.

LTK can be fought on the step next to her, almost negating the entire AE from the fight.
  6. RandomStrategy Augur

1. Dain can still be pulled to the zoneline, and even if they tether him, they can pull his guards/adds away and clear it, then just proceed like normal with CotH strategy. Nothing changes.

2. The only one that would be more problematic without the pre-aggro would be Vyemm. That's it.

3. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I'm just ambivalent because it's as much or more annoying than Plane of Fear. Challenge is not the issue, it's repetitively dull.

4. I didn't know you were a lead designer back in the development of SoV.

5. None of it really matters. It was in classic, which is the "classic experience" people want. You want them to fix it? Get rid of your AoCs too, that's not classically intended, either.
  7. HappyPanda Augur

RandomStrategy, I see where you are going with this and I agree with your plan to tether him and disable CotH for the zone.
  8. taliefer Augur

good to see so many people that designed and know the intent of the Dain encounter still around and posting on the message boards after all this time
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

Sure. Melee can then just bind right outside the zonein for icewell keep, suicide when banished, zone back in and either summon corpse or just run back up to taunt and get banished again. Rez corpses after.

Still, nothing changes.

Oh, also, on a side note (not for you Boshe, but for Arrk or whatever) all you have to do for Yelinak is have one friendly necro make the run up, everyone else die in zone, then just summon those corpses once they zone back in. So sure, disable CotH in Skyshrine.

Nothing changes.
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

I believe Lodizal's respawn time in Classic was somewhere between 12 and 18 hours. So you want to make his spawn longer than classic? It would seem the accelerated 4 hours max is appropriate for a 3 months unlock on any server (if it's a 3 month unlock).
    PathToEternity likes this.
  11. Zapsos Augur

Don't forget levitating over the wall in PoFire!
  12. qweasy Augur

His spawn was originally 24 hours then nerfed to 12 at some point and is currently 3-6ish on TLPs. But everything else on TLP is getting fixed to it's original state so why not Lodi?
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

Except it's not. You want things back to classic state? Wipe those VP medallions from SoNH and reinstitute the three day timer.
  14. That0neguy Augur

The people here know infinitely more then everyone else on all aspects of the game. Sometimes they even know more than themselves. How dare you suggest they don't know the intent of how dain encounter was intended to be fought.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'd really like to see the Rabid Grizzly Bear Pelts from Qeynos hills give era-appropriate exp. That used to be worth a solid yellow bubble around level 9. I mean, you'd go out of your way to risk killing that yellow rabid grizzly before someone else saw it.
    Starr likes this.
  16. MaxTheLion Augur

Imagine how far behind we'd be as a society if nobody ever thought of ways to do things outside the box. Every time somebody figures out a new/different method of doing an event/encounter, another person tells them they are not doing it the way it was "intended", as if there are disseminated rules of how it should be done based on lore. Play the game, try new tactics, enjoy yourself and stop worrying so much about what others are doing.

(While we're on the topic of "the way it's intended" and "what's Classic", should we bring back slavery? The practice predates written record and was practiced by most if not all ancient societies. I'd say that's as Classic as classic can be. #SlaveryIsClassic) /satire
  17. Bosshog New Member

Max speaking the truth.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Let's just change the well banish to a random hatelist deathtouch.
    snailish and Boze like this.
  19. doah Augur

Or a random hatelist charm with a 300% damage buff

Coth and lev should be disabled in Ntov and coth and evac in siren's grotto.
    tuttles likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly evac should be removed altogether or just keep it self only.