Things I have found to amuse myself and other musings.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Finfan, Mar 20, 2018.

1. slayerofbats Augur

What options exactly? There are progression servers with ridiculous rules, or old servers with no players for 105 levels. 2 options and neither of them are good.

What anyone are you talking about? It is only you who has disagreed with me, and it didn't even make any sense. I think you didn't play classic because you asked me to explain what is different between the current game and the old game... If you played it why ask me?

How does you wanting better group tools change anything else that you said?

I already know this, why tell me? It is exactly what I said in my post. They needed new players so made the game easy to let people catch up. Only there was no fresh blood so it didn't work.

It is their game... who else should I point fingers at? Players left because they screwed up this game so bad. People were addicted, it was called EverCrack, yet people managed to tear themselves away. That shows how badly SOE got it wrong.

That is a ridiculous and childish view, I can't believe you really think that. You blame the players for leaving, not the company for making a terrible job of running their game.

Why even post that? It means nothing. Coming back years ago when there were still players is completely different to people trying to start the game now that it is empty.

You utilized resources = you paid for xp potions right? Why not just say it like it is. Make a new character, get it to level 40 or something, then try to find a guild. Then get back to me and tell me how it went. Most new players can't even talk to other players.

Are you like the DB minister of propaganda?

I want gear dumbed down? Did you read my post at all? TLP servers are nothing like classic EQ. I would want to box because most of the classes are boring to be played by themselves, and I also know that it is likely to have to wait a long time to get groups. So I would have to pay multiple subscriptions just to check out a progression server. How could you argue that they are not idiots for running a game like that? When you think of all the options they have had and this is where they ended up... How could you even argue otherwise? Almost everything they did to it was wrong. Why even pretend to care about this when your solution is to offer to farm items for high level players in the hope that they might power level you...
  2. Aurastrider Augur

You obviously are so blinded by your own bad experience that there is no reason to continue any form of conversation with you. Everything I have suggested are things I have personally tried throughout the years. I helped some higher level players out by farming some items and in exchange they let me sit in their group and leach some xp. Once I was high enough level I helped out some people who were lower level than myself and in return their guild leader (who is my guild leader now) found out I was helping some of his peeps. In return he offered to help me out. I did exchange some krono's for a PL but that is far from uncommon practice in an MMO. I have helped random people throughout the years of playing no matter what level I was and not because I was expecting anything in return but because I enjoy helping people when I can. Believe it or not but a lot of these people remember this and have helped me even when I was not asking for it. You should maybe try this approach some times instead of dragging your feet in the sand and complaining like a child because you are not getting everything you want. Yes things could be better but that's like most things in life. If I sat around and complained about every thing in my life that was not designed specifically for me I would never stop complaining. With that this is my last response to you since your ability to process information is limited by an emotional response which is proving to lead to a non constructive conversation where you just cant process other peoples ideas without completely dismissing them because of your own limited ability to comprehend things. With that I say good day sir.... I said good day :)
    Quatr likes this.
  3. slayerofbats Augur

I'm blinded by mine, but you are not blinded by your own? You make the most biased posts I've seen on this entire forum.

Classic
  4. Quatr Augur

Much depends on your class. A few years ago I reactivated a level 60ish DPS character wearing PoP-era gear. GL buffs, Bazaar gear and Gribbles took that character to 105 and thousands of AAs in just a few months. I didn't multi-box and I mostly moloed into my 90s.

On the other hand, if I were to try it with a Cleric, the results would likely be very different once GL buffs were no longer enough to overpower all enemies.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Absolutely class selection is pretty big here. My first "end game" toon was my ranger. He pretty much set up the ground work for every other toon I have in game. Once he was high enough level instead of him getting power levels or help from higher level players he was doing power levels for my alts and helping out lower level players not to mention contributing to the players that had helped me.