There's always Pantheon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randragon Augur

2. Reht The Dude abides...

lol, just lol..........
    Silv likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

lol
    Project Percocet will get released, SOMEDAY!
    Silv and Reht like this.
  4. Randragon Augur

2017 is the time they are saying.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

That's their "best case" scenario. They can say whatever they want. They said they received some seed funding that is supposed to be allowing them to complete their demo, but they also said they need additional funding to complete the game. I am not trying to tear the game down, just being realistic, i want to see it succeed.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

I wonder if you will always have to be in role play mode?
    Iila likes this.
  7. svann Augur

That actually looks like a very good game if they ever finish it. In the style of Vanguard:SOH.
    Another possibility is project gorgon. Still in alpha, the graphics are really crude but the game seems deep. Free to play while in alpha and anyone can join. Actually, surprising how well it works for being in alpha.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Might want to do it soon, it was greenlit for steam and they will start restricting the alpha soon http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/28/p...tching-to-steam-and-restricting-alpha-access/
  9. Tyraxor Augur

I hope it actually succeeds, yep we have come this far.
    I also hope the Vanguard project succeeds.

I think Pantheon sees the light of day before Eq Next.
    Then again i also believe Dracula sees the light of day before Eq Next.
    Zarzac likes this.
  10. Swarm Journeyman

The planned design for Pantheon looks absolutely fantastic. Looks like we will finally be getting a sequel to Everquest.
  11. Kravitz Augur

If you are looking for a revamp of EQ1, then Pantheon is going to be your best bet. EQN is not going to be like EQ1 because combat is not auto-attack on. Most adults playing EQ1 are older than 25 years of age, why most people will never play any other mmorpg besides EQ1 cause of the way the combat is designed. Most MMORPG's nowadays have fast paced combat that isn't mindless mashing of hotkeys and requires making decisions and using combos, that would never work well for the adult crowd that plays EQ1, and why most won't enjoy EQN when it releases.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think it is more that long time EQ players don't see the point in having to make constant decisions while fighting meaningless fodder. If we are fighting a named or in a raid event; that is different. But when we are fighting Orc127348937413047189013 we shouldn't need to be button mashing for combos.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

I think action targetting may turn a lot of EQ players of EQN as well. Personally i enjoy it in a PVP game, but not so much in a PVE game.
  14. Kolani Augur

There's a reason the Kickstarter failed.
    Iila likes this.
  15. YellowBelly Augur

Who cares if the kickstarter failed. If it's anything like the EQ before the casual crowd and arrogant developers laid waste to it I'm in.
    Vdidar likes this.
  16. Randragon Augur

Maybe the developers can take note of what they are doing or trying to do over there and re-introduce it back into EQ1. Stop spending our resources into other games and put them back into ours. EQ1 resources have been bled dry for a long time. It's about time the parent company gives us a much needed shot in the arm to kick start our game.
    Hiladdar and Vrinda like this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Pantheon means nothing until its out. I still recall one of the ads about Everquest before it came out. We would get guld halls and they would be placed within cities as actual in game real estate. Never happened on launch and when we eventually got guild halls they were all instanced. Wasn't til the housing zones were added many years later that we actually got them as actual in game buildings.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. frankie78227 Augur

Maybe next year when they sunset EQ, because the Devs finally killed it off.
    Vdidar likes this.
  19. Kolani Augur

It means a lot, considering that the lead developer has a history of mismanagement and poor use of funding when left to his own devices and no one to answer to. Vanguard, in beta for five years with no stable client.
    Iila likes this.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

The kickstarter failed because they had very little to show at the time and tried to cash in on McQuaid's name, if they had waited until they had more to show it probably would have been successful. I have a lot more faith in the group they have now than i did the first two teams.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.