There wont be another successful new TLP server. Change my mind.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 23, 2018.

1. Barathrum Augur

Phinny has 2ish years left... I am going down with the ship i will not stop playing on phinny until my guild switches servers and or games... After Phinny has gone the way of fippy and vulak you will have the next major TLP and it should be pretty simple to figure out.... heres your Autism for the day!

This is post Phinny 2ish years (unless we log into Phinny to raid and finish expansions....)

1. FV Rule set minus the RP
    A. Being able to trade No DROP items is a major major major game changer.. Yes it has positive and negative so lets talk about them....

Krono's I mean lets be real its a Krono Dream house.. Only real negative but its a major one!

I feel the good out ways the bad.

Players will be more inclined to roll and level alts because access to gear will be pretty easy... you farm old raid content, your guild mates hand you some items they no longer use and it creates a new economy! Players who log into raid do not need to worry about farming plat / kronos because they can sell there old raid gear as needed (im sure w/e guild your in will have rules) No one has played a FV TLP True box server and honestly when phinny ends thats the server were all going to want!! I would also like to add they should allow keys / epics to be traded as well!

I would also start the server in Kunark Velious or Luclin because doing classic after farming Agnarr/Cornaiv... I have to say i want to level in different zones IE KUNARK/Velious/Luclin and you would figure out expansion release... I would do a vote or on extending certain expansions... IE Luclin / GOD / Releasing LDON/LOY/POP together.

I would also suggest for GOD/OOW/DON/DODH a MOTM type buff be added. I say this because doing them all on Phinny it was a push over... OMG anguish was so sad and minus the Tacvi Trash nothing was really that bad.. We need more a this is how it was in era but hey thats just my perfect server idea you asked! = )
  2. GeauxTigers Elder

I think the future is in variety - making ragefire and phinny clones is not going to work. Agnarr is still wildly popular and is basically a locked server at this point, with over 10 guilds clearing Quarm weekly.

Servers like Coirnav have 1 guild doing open world.

We could use another true progression server (think sleepers) where stuff unlocks as you finish expansions instead of time locked.

We could use more special rule set servers like a teams PvP or basically anything to 'change it up' - I even think another Agnarr clone would do super well at the moment.

The main issue is early expansions like Kunark and stuff burn people out, after 10 servers we have basically run out of players to populate guilds outside of DZ's. I think they need to keep it fresh to keep interest in these servers.
    monkypowah likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

Every time I see someone say this, I roll my eyes because nobody on Coirnav really cares that only one guild is contesting open world targets. That doesn't mean that content isn't getting killed. There are multiple guilds clearing in era raids weekly. They just don't care to contest open world targets.
  4. monkypowah Elder

There really is only one guild on coirnav as you know and it’s not one people enjoy being in.. hint hint ..don’t kid yourself, call a spade a spade. My hope IF they do decide to do another TLP is one with faster exp than previous ones and yes like the other guy said, open expansions based on things getting killed. That would be real neat and I think a worthwhile endeavor
  5. GeauxTigers Elder

I never said there wasn't multiple guilds or anything else you allude to. I was simply pointing out the fact that the usual FoH boards guilds etc do not exist there and the only one that does is completely RMT ridden and toxic. Their own guild members state this as fact.

If we want to keep the progression servers lively there needs to be unique rule sets and changes from one to the next, releasing clones every couple months is not going to keep the players interested.
  6. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure where you get that there is only one guild on the server.
  7. Risiko Augur

If we want to keep progression servers lively, we need GMs that actually police the servers and keep certain bad people at bay. The fact that one of the guilds on the server is ran by someone who had his account banned for life on the last server for RMT practices is pathetic. What's worse is knowing that the devs are aware of it and do nothing about it.

But, as someone who does play on Coirnav and is NOT involved in RMT, I have put a lot of time in to my character, and I don't want to see the server go down the crapper. Personally, this is my last trip on this roller coaster. I've done classic through Luclin more times than I care to admit. I'm here till this server rolls over and dies.
  8. Numzan Augur

If you dont petition and give some sort of proof, nothing will get done. I have personally seen the devs/CS do something about it, but they need eyes too.
  9. Machentoo Augur

I hope you don't think they are going to wait that long to launch the next major TLP!
  10. GeauxTigers Elder

The guy was in Discord planning to roll warrior just to sell SoD's....9 months before they could drop. If daybreak doesn't feel like banning him again, maybe his guild will get the point when items start vanishing in velious.
  11. Machentoo Augur

I am no fan of RMT, but I am not sure you can make the case that we need GM policing on the server to keep them lively. Seems to me they are more lively than they have ever been before now that the GM's no longer police most of the stuff players would like them to police. There probably isn't a cause/effect relationship there, but lack of GM presence sure doesn't seem to be holding things back much.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

They are lively because eq has a huge following to draw on and a cult following.

Rereleasing the same tlp is no indication of success or future success. These threads pop up continually because the current players want to see things improve lest they move on... again.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

You seem unsure of yourself. ;)
  14. Risiko Augur

15. Arrk Augur

I think they have a real shot during 20th Ann. to hit a winner out of the park.

For that server, they need to take their head out of the moneybags, and really make it a server that people want to play.

My gut tells me, it won't happen.
  16. Raina Elder

They could release a brand new server tomorrow with a half decent xp rate and it would be more successful than coirnav. Good god the xp on that server is horrible.
    Critt likes this.