"THEM BONES" Kael task help please--broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lyrical, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Lyrical Augur

So im back in game after a year or more lay off and doing older content. Ive read everything out there to read about this partisan task in new Kael. Basically on step 4 it says you must catch your skeleton 4 times when he stops running and he will attack you. Well I have chased this thing around for over an hour and 20 minutes. If you stay close to him he never stops running. If you get far enough back he will stop but if you get within 10 steps of him he starts running again.

Is this broken?

Is this as intended and the task is suppose to take a few days chasing the skeleton?

Am I doing something wrong?

Wow what a horrible design regardless of any answer. I would like to finish the task though if anyone would be so kind.
  2. Warpeace Augur

I doubt its broken and was just never any fun when I did it, be patient and keep chasing it....

Listen to the grievances of your skeleton 0/1 (Kael Drakkel: The King's Madness)

Task Window Says: You have been overcome by the malevolence of the Dragon Eye Gem, and you feel as though a piece of you is missing.

A mob called "a skeleton (_____'s bones)" appears before you.

a skeleton says 'Don't look at me like you don't know who I am! Don't you recognize your own skeleton? Stupid wads of flesh like you should really be more grateful for people like me! How many years have I supported you now? You wouldn't be half the adventurer you are without me!'

a skeleton says 'But when's the last time you thanked me? You're always going on about your muscles and how much stronger you want to be. It makes me sick with jealousy listening to your brain!'

a skeleton says 'I've had it with you. I'm leaving, and you're not getting me back! Good luck standing upright or holding a sword! Maybe you should have shown me a little more appreciation!'

Kill your skeleton to reclaim your bones. To make it attack, get close to it 4 times when it stops moving 0/1 (Kael Drakkel: The King's Madness)

Task Window Says: Your skeleton has run away, and you must kill it to reclaim your bones. It will not become angry enough to attack you unless you can get close to it four times when it stops running.

Follow your skeleton around to random locations throughout the zone. When it stops at a location, it will appear on your map and a mystical path will show you the way to it (just like the "Find" command). Go to it, and it will wander off again. You'll have to do this four times. The fourth time you do it, it attacks you. Kill it to update this step.

Upon the first update:

a skeleton says 'Too slow, meatbrain!'
    ...And then runs away. Upon the second update:
    a skeleton says 'Can't catch me, fleshy!'
    ...And then runs away. Upon the third update:
    a skeleton says 'Bite my coccyx, organsack!'
    ...And then runs away. Upon the fourth update:
    a skeleton says 'That's it! I've had enough of you, stupid fleshbeast! I'm not going back on the inside! You'll never take me alive!'
    ...And it attacks you. It hits for a max ~13,000. Killing it updates the task.

You have slain a skeleton!
    You hurriedly pick up your bones before they have a chance to escape again, and you feel them magically reabsorb into your body.
  3. Lyrical Augur

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned I chase him and he never stops. If I stay back and wait on him to stop, which does happen. He never lets me get close enough to get a message before he takes off again. Basically when I get within casting range, he runs. 0 messages in 1 hour and 20 minutes following. Im sure he is suppose to give updates more often than that since it says you must get 4 messages and im still at 0.
  4. Uuvin Augur

I haven't done this task in a while. I do remember it being a serious pain, especially if you were KOS to giants. once the skeleton starts running you need to just wait. When it stops - you wait. When you get the message - then you can move to it. The message happens with you far from it with both of you not moving. If you chase him too soon, you stay stuck on the 1st message. Send another player / toon to follow the skellie if you want, but you need to stay still.
  5. Lyrical Augur

I do get the message that your skeleton has ceased moving. Then I run to him and as soon as he gets a sight of me he is off to the races again haha. Going to try to restart. Maybe im bugged.
  6. Mugsie Elder

You seem to have to kill the adds the script spawns instead of fading them off.

I wasted several hours figuring that out and it stopped me cold from wanting to continue doing quests for a LONG time.

Mugs
  7. Knight-errant Journeyman

I did this task a week ago, and it was horrible. Wasted 20 mins following it around until I figured out you weren't supposed to follow it. o_O

Fading the adds off didn't affect me, you just have to stop and wait for the message. There are 2 messages though. The 'rattling bones' message means it hasn't stopped yet. You have to wait for a different message that says it seems to have stopped. Then just follow the golden path to the skellie.

It updated quickly for me after I figured that out. Hope it helps.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

One of the worst tasks in recent memory for sure. The drunken merc one there, while amusing, is also very poorly designed. Enjoy...nostalgia? Nothing against the revamps, but original Kael was 1000x better than the remake for these reasons alone.
  9. Lyrical Augur

Sheex I had no problem with the Drunken merc task. Especially since the whole group got updates at the same time. Compared to the chasing skeletons thing where there is no way to do that at the same time as your other group mates. Mobs randomly attack you because of the crystal you carry and your personal skeleton runs all over the zone just like everyone elses skeleton. So 1 at a time. I finally completed the task for 1 character after having to restart the task 3 times. The first 3 times my skeleton ran around for an hour before I gave up. The 4th try he would stop running every 5 minutes or so. So its definitely got some bugs, but hey its old content, we arent suppose to be playing it anyway right?