The world server has denied your log-in request.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sairanor, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Sairanor Journeyman

So I'm getting the error when you try to log in multiple accounts on Phinny even though I only have 1 client open. I tried restarting my computer, but to no avail. Is there any short-hand fix for this or do I basically just have to wait for Daybreak to fix it?

It was immediately after making a new SK Iksar, don't know if they save flat binary files to their DB or something but that getting corrupt could cause the issue.
  2. CaptainSkeet Augur

Bit confused by this... are you trying to log in a second account from same computer? If so, its denying you because boxing from same computer is coded out and not allowed on this server.

If you mean you are getting the same error while trying different accounts while NOT being logged in, then it sounds like a server side problem.
  3. Sairanor Journeyman

What I mean is I have no characters logged in and am trying log in ONE account only on ONE machine and it's giving me the error so the second one, I figured it was server-sided but I also figured their back-end designers were good enough to avoid this issue.
  4. Sairanor Journeyman

Figured out a fix, have a friend log on the same account from a different IP and it fixes it.
  5. Kahna Augur

I have had this problem on Phinny if my account crashes and I then try to log on a different account. Even if the character had been booted from the world already. I had to log back into and out of the original account, then I could log on the second account.
  6. Astley Augur

Yep, this...

If you crash out, that account is still logged in for a period of time. It may not stay logged in on the screen the entire period, but counters are still active, like the resurrection timer in-game. I've crashed out late at night in the past shortly after a death, and decided to just go back in the morning to get my corpse rezzed. But when logging back in, the corpse was gone. Petitioned and told by GMs that their logs show the account was logged in and corpse-timer expired after the normal time.

So you would need to log back into the account and fully camp out to stop the timer countdown. Also to log the account out from your IP address in the true-box code I would reckon.
  7. Baldur Augur

Also you can't use /exit on Phinny and then log in another account on the same computer. Always use /camp.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

/exit leaves your character in the world for a minute or longer so yeah.