The universal chat service is temporarily unavailable. You will automatically reconnect to it...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tryhard, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Tryhard New Member

The game is constantly kicking me out of chat channels all the time.

The only way to to fix it seems to be zoning, which is extremely temporary, since if I spend more then 15 minutes in a zone I get the message again and get kicked.

At first I thought this was a server wide issue and just accepted it as part of the game, but when talking to some groupies I was informed none of them had really experienced this.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this?
  2. Xerxius New Member

I've been trying to fix ours at the house, there is 3 of us that play, I thought the same thing that the EQ service have been degraded and now players have to deal with fading in and out of the universal chat service. So far what I have seen from posts and stuff is it has something to do with UDP timeouts, some set it from the default of 30 seconds to 60 seconds. I have a Palo Alto firewall and I have set it up to as high as 600 seconds just to test and it didn't help at all so I set it back down to 30 seconds. Let me know if you find anything to fix your issue.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Past posts say it could be periods of inactivity that cause the channels to fail. This solution fails if you afk, or even just stop moving/pressing your /list hotkey for any more than like 2 minutes. If you zone again it resets.So they suggest that you can hotkey /list and bind it to your movement keys, and filter the spam from listing your channels to a minimized window. Any interaction with uchat will maintain your UDP connection

Or if you are using wi fi try it with a direct connection to your modem.

Port forwarding has been suggested.

Sarkaukar has some good troubleshooting in this post and many others, he is pretty darn good at troubleshooting so you could look up some other of his posts:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tly-kicked-from-universal-chat-server.249738/

So overall it appears to be a firewall, router, modem, connection stream getting interrupted somewhere.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

For me it started when they migrated AB. Since then I am constantly losing UC 5-10 Minutes after zoning. Sometimes it stays up longer - sometimes not.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

I had to open the port and set the DMZ on my router.
  6. Zybria New Member

did you ever figure this out?
  7. bard007 Augur

What did you set your port numbers to and DMZ address, this would be helpful so many posts with old info. This will fix the above for many of the folks having issues.
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

First, connect to the LAN without going through a router and check if the problem is resolved.
    If there is no problem, there is a possibility of setting the router, so read the manual.
    Or search on Google!

My router has an advanced settings section and I just had to set it there.
  9. Skelify New Member

Been having this issue since i returned to EQ. Obviously googled troubleshooting steps, read many of forum threads like this. When i hardwire directly to the modem, i still have the issue. When i hotspot from my phone, no issue at all. So i assume it's just my ISP? I can't find anything about a modem being the cause of this but in my case it seems to be since it is the only constant and when it's not involved (hot spot) Universal chat worked flawlessly.
  10. Herf Augur

I think it's somewhat random. They changed the chat a while back to make it more reliable and, well... this is what we got.

I routinely see messages between my boxes delayed. One box will get the message immediately, the other a few seconds later.