The Ultimate Class

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Nekk Augur

I agree with people who say pick a necro. One of the best solo/molo classes in the game. It is what the class is made for.

Yes with raid gear you can solo/molo some progression tasks in EoK and RoS. No, you will not be able to solo/molo all of it. Especially not cactikii. Your best shot at that one would be a highly skilled raid mage. Even then I've never heard of it being done. I'm sure someone would have called them out by now if it's possible.

Also no one is able to solo/molo the rest of the RoS progression. Boxing some of it sure, but the hardest parts still take mostly real groups to complete. If you have enough good toons then a box or two will suffice.
  2. Yimin Augur

Bst is fun class ! I can get a lot done by myself , and since no one is ever on in my time zone that is very good , plus the world needs more PARAGON :)

YiMin
    andross77 likes this.
  3. Shredd Augur

As a shaman I have moloed most names in all of the expansions. Yet, I am maxed gear and AA so keep that in mind.
  4. Axel Furry Hats OP

A shaman can molo most named (if not all) in current content without all of their AA's (just pet AA's, and even then, bear form can be backup).

Also mages can solo/molo incredibly well. With water pet I solo multiple mobs in OT often using mage heals&swarm pets to keep them alive. Nameds are also very easy to deal with, mechanic depending, even with a water pet. Of course, this is with EM25, so with lower EM, it might be a good idea to use earth pet with aggro weapons.

I've never played a necro, but I assume that they play similar to mage, except they can root stuff without penalty (like a DD spell breaking root).

As far as progression goes, I boxed warrior/mage through progression, and most of the time, I just played the mage and drug the warrior through with it.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

With raid equipment any class can molo, the question raised by the guy is what can be done without it...
    Kolani likes this.
  6. Slayerwolf Elder

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it greatly.

On to answer a few questions raised by posters.

Why didn't I include necromancer on the list? Well, my brother played necromancer (had EM 24) and got slapped by EoK group named mobs. His pet was like butter and the mobs a hot knife. There was just no way (in my eyes) that the pets could tank. Also, I personally don't like solely dot based characters; it's just not fun (to me). Also, it seems to me that necromancers are pretty gear dependent if you ask me and also require a mind-boggling amount of clickies (and skill) to be able to be effective. This is why I didn't consider necromancer. It might could work, but it's definitely not going to be my pick, unless it was the ONLY class that could fulfill my wants. Even then, I don't know if I personally have the skill and patience to make it work.

Beastlord is also great!! I know they're great, but pulling on them is a nightmare. I know it can be done with clickies and such and tricks, but it's just a headache for me to constantly worry about pulling. Also, they require a heck of a lot of gear (that I've seen), and they are an insanely busy class. Not that that's just a horrible thing, it just doesn't top my list. Also, raid mobs bypassing pet threat is kind-of annoying.

Shaman is intriguing, but I do think they are probably too gear-reliant to make this work.

So far, it appears that my top candidate is enchanter, followed by necromancer, beastlord, mage and shaman. I'm loving the input!

The second question I want to answer is why do I request/require so much? Boxing for me requires two gold accounts, which is expensive. Secondly, it requires a lot of computing power and just makes things not as much fun (in my opinion). I like having one class and having one thing to focus on. I just want a way to fully explore the current and old content of the game, kill stuff to make money from the current expansion (older stuff is usually near-worthless b/c it's too easy to farm/solo/molo), and stay relevant in the progression w/o having to have raid gear (which I can't get/don't have time for).
  7. Kolani Augur

Thank you. A lot of the time this forum devolves into "Ronak soloed CoA on a raid geared twink at 80 so anyone can do it" and that's not the case. I've got raid gear and pretty good augs on my shadowknight and I know my limits, and I process that people in gear not quite as good are going to struggle with stuff I have a little trouble with.

I'm on FV, I know the two raids I can make money on are Xorbb and Grellith, I also know I'm not going to be able to solo those.