The Temper of Silver (Shawl 2.0 walk) will not update 4th testing point

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xanathol, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Xanathol Augur

I've reproduced this twice now with no ideas how to alleviate the issue. After the 3rd testing point update, the robot will make his way to the vicinity of the 4th testing point but no mobs will ever spawn and no update is ever given. Commands to continue state 'This unit is at maximum speed' and to reset state 'This unit will not reset the status of the active user'. Saying 'start' results in a 'This unit detects that you are not ready yet.'. Hails, 'stop's and 'instructions' provide the typical dialogues. Eventually the robot's power runs out and the task is failed, resulting in the need to refarm items to recreate the brick of silver, plus the inability to complete the task or move on to shawl 3.0.
    xPalemoonx likes this.
  2. xPalemoonx New Member

We did this part of the quest last night and it did exactly that same thing. Forced to delete quest and start it again. I am about to do it again and frankly quite concerned. This is a huge quest arc, way to involved and time consuming to have such an obvious and glaring bug. A dev response would be nice. Zam forums have many posts about this bug.
  3. Xanathol Augur

I finally passed this (without ever getting any response here or to my petition) by stopping the robot immediately after the 3rd point and clearing everything even remotely close to the path between points 3 & 4 (note - he walks around stuff, so it may not be immediately obvious how he plans to get from 3 to 4). Then I let him walk over with no aggro and it worked. I hope this works for you as well.
  4. Tshuma New Member

This is still a /bug, been trying to finish this task and 3x does the same thing stop at 4 never updates and eventually poofs and have to start the task over