The task 'The Search for the Ultimate Story' not getting sub task Explore Meldrath's Mansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadbane, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Cadbane Journeyman

To whom will be reading this,
    I will try to put this in chronological order of the events leading up to the issue (Did not receive sub-task). Which is where I appear to be stuck, due to not be automatically assigned this task: Exploring the Mansion. Hopefully this will avoid any confusion.
    Task Working on currently: "The Search for the Ultimate Story".
    Exploring the Mansion, this is a sub-task in the task "The Search for the Ultimate Story". Midway through, it is given to you automatically by Clockwork Warmarshal.
    When I reached that part of the task :
    Speak with Clockwork Warmashal 0/1 (Fortress Mechanotus)
    You say, 'Hail, Clockwork Warmarshal'
    Your task 'The Search for the Ultimate Story' has been updated.

Clockwork Warmarshal says 'You are truly magnificent. You have done what no one else here was able to. You now have access to Meldrath's Mansion. Enter it and snoop around. I am sure there are areas we would love to have valuable information on. I should also warn you that you will first need to configure your key with the door.'
    Explore Meldrath's Mansion 0/1 (Meldrath's Mansion) <~~ I am on this step inside of the "The Search for the Ultimate Story".
    According to the write up, I should of be given a task ('Exploring the Mansion'.):
    "You are given the task 'Exploring the Mansion'. Completion of the task updates Explore Meldrath's Mansion 0/1 (Meldrath's Mansion) from the task "The Search for the Ultimate Story"." Quoted from Allakhazam.
    I did not receive this sub-task so I am stuck on the step: Explore Meldrath's Mansion 0/1 (Meldrath's Mansion) while trying to finish"The Search for the Ultimate Story".
    While I have access to the mansion, I am trying to get flagged for requesting raids.
    You now have access to Meldrath's Majestic Mansion (the static version of the zone). The remainder of this task is to gain access to the mansion's raid instance. But, I am stuck.
    Please advise on a course of action I can take to get the sub-task. I don't mind doing it over and I have, but it still did not work.

I will be doing /bug, but I am hoping someone else has found a solution.
  2. Cadbane Journeyman

This should probably be moved to Bug Reports ....
  3. Whoops Augur

Have you configured the key? If not, try doing that and then hailing the warmarshal.
  4. Cadbane Journeyman

Quoting Alla's
    "You'll find that later combines (like the decoder) WILL NOT WORK if you haven't actually used your Clockwork Key on the Mansion door and added it to /key.

Here's the thing though, you can't attune the key if you're above the new level locks to get in, because clicking on the front door to Mansion will just zone you in since the group zone is unlocked by level now. In order to set the teeth of your keys, and add the key to the actual key ring (which you must do in order to do the combines later on in the task) you'll have to set up the teeth of your key by using the 'back door' to Mansion located within Steam Factory. The Steam Factory 'back entrance' is still locked regardless what level you are unless you have the Mansion key on your key ring, and thus you can use it to situate the teeth on the key."

I can enter through the back door and I have the key on my ring, So, I assume I configured it at some point.