The only fix that will make everyone happy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Faldy, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Faldy New Member

If they were to open Kunark early that would let most people get off farming and give most of you guys these camps. Right now I would say at least 50% of the server is bored with lv 50 and there is nothing else for us to do but farm or not log in .Granted it would only last for a month at least and then we would be back in the same boat.

If tl is raiding Kunark you have a chance to get vox/ Nagy .But be careful what you ask for I have seen guild wipe in seconds that don't have a clue how to kill it and now that the Gods are going to be in the same boat after today patch Look out.

There is only 2 things you guys can do that are crying .
    1. quit
    2. live with it (can't beat them Join them)

They are not going to fix it for what ever their reasons are . They have done more then they have ever done before.

I have been on all 3 TLE severs and this is what has been the normal. We all know instances with lock out timers is the answers but that is not in the game make up until POP.

I remember on the combine RoI and FOH going at it with ROI fielding 2 full raid of 72. I was in WI then and we just got the scraps . Fast pace opening is the only option to stop the bottle neck we have now.
  2. MaestroM Augur

This assumes that RMTs have limited resources.

They do, but they are not so limited that merely opening Kunark will be enough.

What was it, 18 or so boxed mages killed naggy even after the changes by wall humping him? How many kronos does a COF sell for? Imagine what kinda damage 18 Kunark geared level 52 mages could do.

But it doesn't have to be mages. Automation and scripts will make farming old targets trivial. And since it will be trivial, it will be done by RMTs at the cyclic rate, and no one who is not either an RMT, hacker, or member of a batphone-socker guild will be able to kill any raid targets.

Kunark means main raids move on, RMTs, and farm alts of main raids move in.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. Captainblood Lorekeeper

Do you have + 20 clairvoyance?
    In all seriousness, this scenario is the most likely of all stated in these arguments.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

thanks for the choices... i'll take option 1 then...
    Druz likes this.
  5. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

The same kind of damage 18 level 46 mages could. IE: Barely enough to kill it if no one else is there and not enough to secure the kill if a competent raid force is there.
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

Which means you have to poopsock for hours...

Round and round the same bs goes...
  7. Elkay Augur

Fast-paced opening does nothing to solve the problem of people wanting to experience content in-era, and does even less for those that like and want to spend extended periods of time in a specific era. Might as well just go to a live server and use your imagination that extra levels and expansions aren't yet unlocked. Seeing 105s running around, gear in bazaar with damage 4 times the delay, and vacant lowbie zones ruins that immersion, though.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. lalaloup Augur

Unless a time machine is involved, there is no way any one fix will make everyone happy.
    There are a few other options as well, but they don't involve pixelized glory so most don't care.
  9. Machen New Member

You should get on with it then, you've been saying this for a while now.
  10. Elkay Augur

Oh, and I chose option 1. I resubbed for a single month to at least get my toons off RF over to LJ, but that's only with the slight glimmer of hope that this will be addressed by the time Velious+ hits.
  11. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Of the last 12 raids I attended, I think one took longer than an hour. 2-3 were over in 10 minutes.
  12. Olmstedder Journeyman

can i have yr stuff?
  13. Jaxarale01 Augur

Spin spin spin... you are better than that J.

No one was talking about you... or your guild or anything else... let the narcissism go bud!

You stated that a full guild on site could beat a 18 box. You are correct.
    But...
    You know as well as anyone that the 18 box will post up at the beginning of the target window.
    No matter how good you are at scouting and mobilizing... you wont even get to the zone to beat the 18 box before its dead unless you poopsock...

Why did I just have to explain that?

Oh that's right... we are in the spin zone.

/sigh
    Drexll likes this.
  14. Korillo Augur

If this were true, you would have to sock naggy and vox currently to ensure you get the kill, which just doesn't happen. It does occur for some of the kills, but certainly not all of them.
  15. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Yep just flat out wrong. Spoken like someone that has no idea what the raid scene is like on RF. No idea who "J" is either, lol.
  16. Jaxarale01 Augur

/boggle

No one is talking about the raid scene now... this is all about when Kunark opens and how 18 level 52s will hold down all the classic era mobs...

What the hell are you smoking bro? And can I get a dime of it?

Lolololol
  17. Necromonious Augur

Make all gear on TLP "no drop", put min level requirements on all gear to prevent twinking

PROBLEM SOLVED
    Kegwell likes this.
  18. Zublak Augur

The Sleeper/The Combine were fast paced progression servers. Guilds were racing to be #1 and unlock new content at a fast paced. This round of Progression server(s) were meant to be actual time-locked and slower paced with 6 month lockouts w/voting at the end, until later on when it will be 3 month locks.

Not everyone is crying though. Some are over-reacting, yes. But some are providing constructive criticism. Some are just voicing why they're quitting so they are sure dev's see it and can build from it. It's their right to do so.

Everyone has an opinion. Such is life.
  19. Legolit New Member

Its weird that the loudest voice comes with instancing raid mobs. But obviously Daily Break only hears the elite few... I call BS on wrecking the spirit of the game with instances. Look how it is now, its nothing like it was in 99. The spirit is having your spell book open while medding, its raiding in groups with no raid tool, its having to get your corpse that has all your loot in it, that's the spirit of the game. I mean the exp is still extremely fast compared to how it should be.
  20. Rauven Augur

No change is going to make anyone happy, the players don't know what they really want. They get upset over a small casual comment and blow up the forums over it. They slander a guild because it can actually down content. They say how horrible the company is, yet still give them money. Its very hard to take this community seriously, it really is.

Its not the first time I've seen this in a MMORPG. and its disgusting that its becoming the norm. I didn't expect to see this in EQ, but I guess with how simple and easy it is to play compared to other games, I should have expected it.

When I played Archeage, I was in a guild like TL. We were the only ones downing any meaningful content. We had good gear. We dominated trade routes, and had the warzone on lockdown. When Aurriora was released (like a mini expansion) that allowed us to take land. We took 3/4's of it, our only rival guild took the other quarter. The rest of the server could hardly even reach the island. So we set a world first for 3 castles on the first day.

We were accused of everything that TL was accused of, hacking, RMT, trolling, zerging, everything. Despite being the focal point of our faction and keeping the enemy faction at bay (it was a PVP game). We were still hated by our own faction.

I'll be the first to say that the guild didn't have the best players in the game. Were we the best geared? Some were pretty well geared. I was.. in level 42 crafted gear (collecting the pieces to upgrade it). We didn't cheat (didn't need to), and zerging.. well that's a matter of opinion. We had 300 members, with 70-120 online at any given time (we booted inactive people pretty regularly). But the community believed we had over 3000.

So what were we good at? Our best skill as a guild was logistics. We used a teamspeak server and discipline. When an event was going down, such as an enemy trade run, or a boss spawning. Invites went out. If one raid group filled (50), we started another. And then everyone traveled to the same place at the same time.

If a raid boss spawned, we could be fighting it with a full raid group in like 2-5 minutes. The only exception was the Kraken due to it being in a random place in the ocean. That took about 5-10 minutes to get everyone set up. But the real effect was dropping those 50 players on an enemy player group and wiping them the hell out in seconds. That's where our reputation as a guild was really well known for.

However.. we were hated. For every reason. We didn't go out of our way to attack friendly faction guilds (you could attack your own faction, with crime points assessed). We would, if they attacked one of our people. Or if someone was talking smack, they may get ganked by a member they were referring to. But the real reason we were hated is because we were successful, the rest of the community... not so much.

So if a friendly faction guild was killed by an enemy during a trade run, we were blamed for not being there to help. When they got a chance at a boss and wiped, we were blamed for not helping them down it. We were blamed for buying the good gear on the action houses. In otherwords, we were blamed for just doing our own thing. Its not that we didn't care about outsiders. But you know how it is, you take care of your own first then help others. We did help others, as not everyone hated us. But it was what it was.

And I see all this happening to guilds like TL. I've never seen them doing a fraction of the horrible things people claim they have done. And then people are claiming they used some sort of tool to hide themselves. I mean people seriously grasp at straws. But the general MMORPG community has changed since 1999-2004.

In those days players rated each other on their personal achievements. Gear was a tool to clear content. A means to an end. If someone was better than you, you didn't admit to it, but you tried to get better so that was not longer a fact. One used to take personal responsibility for their lot in the game.

Now its a different story. Gear is a end to the means. If you can buy it, you don't have to do the content for it. Anyone who has gear has it because they stole it from you. Not because they earned it, but because they cheated, scammed, or wronged you of it. Now its blame the top players, blame cheaters, blame devs, hell even blame the producer for why they can't get it. Blame everyone but themselves.

Players do not know what they want. They think instancing will help them get the gear. They think by not having to outdps someone they have a shot. They don't. If they can't pull the people together in an orderly manner to compete. Then the instanced raids are going to wipe the floor with them.

On ragefire there is only 2 guilds that can take down the raid bosses. TL regularly does it. Apok sort of slugs through it. Why is this?

So Naggy has what 400,000 hp, and 40% shielding. With a bit extra damage? I'd love to see if these players could even complete the main story quest in Final Fantasy XIV. Where even the regular dungeon bosses are far more complex than the current content EQ bosses (not TLP).

Opening Kunark will add 10 levels of content and more zones to be complained over. That's about it.

What I do support, is instancing. There's too many guilds formed on jealousy, envy, and hate for others. Many guilds are on each other like flies on crap. They hate top guilds, and they hate each other for getting in their way.

So I support instancing. Instancing will suddenly make all outside forces exempt from blame. When a guild forms up, thinking they are god's gift to Everquest, they will enter these instances and wipe.

Where is the blame going to go then? To each other. Players today will NEVER blame themselves for failure. So they will blame each other. Why doesn't the tank do this. Why is the healer oom. Why didn't this guy have the skills leveled. So on and so on.

Instancing will serve one purpose. Break apart guilds that do not need to be guilds. In their ashes new guilds will form and fail the same way. Eventually maybe 1 or 2 will get some decent folk to band together and form one that can sort of complete the content.

And that is when TLP will be like any other serverset. One or two guilds doing current content, the rest lag behind an expansion or two back, completing content that they outlevel or outgear.

Daybreak should do it, even if it means the servers die. Just to prove their Producer's statement correct. This is what I'd like to see happen.
    PathToEternity and Esper like this.