The mystery of the disappearing Halfling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Aug 26, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

All is fun and games in the little halfling town of Rivervale until it comes time for the halflings to get their mail. The deputies in control of the parcels are extremely unreliable you see, many halflings live their lives without ever seeing even half of their mail. From time to time they vanish from their outpost outside the bank only to reappear minutes later. Where did they go? What did they do?

No halflings knows. It happens every 10 minutes or so and they're gone for about 2 minutes each time. No other parcel NPCs do this, only the mysterious halflings. Drinking on the job? Maybe. Getting High? A possibility too.

Or maybe they just run home to grab a little halfling snack. We can only procrastinate at this point. I've successfully held one of these deputies hostage and refused to let him get drunk/high/disappear for a snack while the other one was able to mysteriously sneak away in the middle of the night.

I did this by leaving the vendor window open with him. Here is a screenshot of my success:

[IMG]

Dear whoever is in charge of the halflings, please look into the mystery of the disappearing Halflings. It is truthfully extremely annoying having them poof considering Halflings are the race I love to death and they seem to be the only race with a parcel NPC who just dips off the job every 10 minutes.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Here is him back at his post:

[IMG]

My other halfling alter ego is holding his friend hostage still
  3. Feradach Augur

Interesting. I just assumed somebody was killing them repeatedly.
  4. Laryn New Member

The deputies in other parts of Rivervale also "change of guard" so this may be similar?
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

If it is similar they should exclude the parcel NPCs from it. They don't walk away they just poof. I've never seen the other deputies change guard before but im assuming they don't just poof then reappear =P

Also if it matters their names always stay the same, id assume if they changed guard there would be different named parcel NPCs when they came back but these two are always the same
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

That was my first assumption as well. After about a week of that I decided to stare at the halflings so I could yell at whatever jerk was ganking my favorite town and then right before my eyes Allakhazam! They poofed.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This sounds, in both title and content, like a job for Sherlock Holmes.

Sir Almar Conan Doyle?
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

It was my inspiration for the brief roleplay I did. I am glad someone noticed
    Steampunk and Aneuren like this.
  9. -wycca Augur

Seems flavorful!

Enjoy the music, have a beer at Fool's Gold, come back for your mail later! Things aren't rushed in Rivervale, no sirrie!
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Coincidentally, I have been re-listening to the adventures on my commute to and from work lately!
  11. Drakyria Lorekeeper

Almars, I don't agree with everything you've said on these forums, but I'll be damned if this wasn't an entertaining read. Nice to see a post out there that isn't full of complaining. Thanks for giving me a good chuckle. :)
    Simone likes this.
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

You're welcome!

Hopefully in the future we all can get along and sing a happy halfling tune, right now personalities are flaring and everyone is at each other's throats. Even if I go about things the wrong way I do always try and do the right thing. I don't always conduct myself as professionally as I should, but I try.
  13. Random_Enchanter Augur

There halfings guarding a bank. Clearly they have gone off to get and eat another picnic basket (notice the distinct lack of bears in misty thicket) and allows the rogues to withdraw there 'earnings' from the bank unnoticed. They all DO have bandit masks on after all!
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

Despite my comical approach to the issue, the disappearing parcel NPCs is actually really annoying and I would like daybreak to take notice
    Felicite likes this.
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

Shamelessly bumping my own thread because the halflings are still going out and getting smashed instead of delivering their mail~!
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

Kind words <3

I kind of gave up too, I haven't even logged into the forums in awhile because all the negativity here is draining on me. Also because I take no effort to mask my identity here I have been harassed in game because of my opinions about boxing by anonymous people in public channels.
  17. Weverley Augur

Thank you almars for that nice bit of lore. It is indeed a task that sherlock holmes would be delighted in trying to solve.Maybe somebody at Daybreak can pursue this task.I also have been less in the forums recently because of all the bickering going on.It's nice to have a civil conversation for a change.
  18. Steampunk Augur

I think you should take these halfling deputies to court for dereliction of duty. I mean, it would fit right in with all the other fictive litigation threats that float around this forum.
  19. sleka Lorekeeper

I thought that was why there is two right next to each other?
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

section c paragraph 4 - found engaging in <insert activity here> on duty
  21. AlmarsGuides Augur

[IMG]

It gets less and less funny each time.
    lockjaws likes this.