The Level 80 Hot Zone Task on Vox...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by HeatherPurrs, Apr 28, 2016.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

Do the DB people even play EQ? The Level 80 task isn't doable on Vox by by level 80 toons.

What was DB thinking?
  2. Wayylon Augur

What's the 80 task? I've been doing the 85, 90, 95. The 95 is the easiest, pretty funny actually.
  3. HeatherPurrs Augur

The fortress
  4. Rhodz Augur

Some do, but I think they play in a very different way. Think cheat codes.... but thats just a guess.

Honestly I have no idea, just started running HAs so I didnt have to put up with whatever this is.
    HZ xp is no longer anything special anyway.
  5. DerangedRanger Elder

I've been wondering this myself... Is HA exp better than doing HZ quests? The HZ tasks seem like kind of a hassle for boxing but I haven't tried HA's yet.
  6. Rhodz Augur

I only run two chars, the tank and chanter, while wife just runs the cleric and the rest is damage mercs but it works well. Wouldn't want to get any busier though as some like the boss fights can get a bit rough.
    The ones in Dead Hills can skip the boss fight if you like though the drops are fairly nice.
    About 15% is what we get at 84 with full AAs. They are more entertaining than the HZs anyway since the xp has been crunched just no reason to bother.
    Good luck
  7. Lenowill Augur

What isn't doable about it? o.0;;

Fortress Mechanotus was done by lots of casual groupers (myself included) when level 80 was the actual level cap and there were no mercenaries. It's loads easier nowadays due to mercs existing, and due to the existence of lobby buffs and good attunable catch-up gear.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Content that is doable with a PC group even in what is now substandard gear does not mean it is solo even with better gear.
    Elsewhere likes this.
  9. Lenowill Augur

Very true, but that doesn't really apply to Fort Mech.

My level 83 Hero's Journey magician can solo fort mech's (flamemasters) task without even using a mercenary. Every other class I can think of (including my poor warrior) could do the same at 80 with a merc as long as I played wisely and used my cooldowns. With even one duo partner it would be easy-breezy trivial.

Don't get me wrong -- there are zones conceivably worth complaining about in this batch of hot zones as far as their difficulty at-level goes, I'm looking at you Foundation and Arthicrex -- but leave Fort Mech alone. In the 80 to 85 range Fort Mech really does hit that sweet spot of, "Hmm, I can kind of molo this fine enough but it'd be great if I found a buddy too" without outright forcing grouping.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Well perhaps you have a bit more skill, better platform, or they were just unlucky.
    Still it is obvious little to no testing was done on this, someone just over estimated how much they knew about the game over at DBG, that never happens though... Heh right?
  11. Potawatomi Augur

What is hard about these mobs specifically? is the zone too difficult to navigate? The conversation is alluding to something being difficult but nothing specifically is being discussed.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Experience with this is going to be a result of level, some quests work others do not.
    Some quests have good zones others have really poor ones compared to the previous selections.
    I have no interest in The Foundation.
    The ones that dont work are obviously untested, cant kill a mob if it isnt in the zone.

Wont run HZ any longer, doing fine with HAs but those have their own buggy goodness but also have MoV and gear. Heh had a 104 lvl mob spawn right on top of us in a 85 HA... yeah that was quick fun but meh its EQ.