The Lazy Mage Video Tutorial (Handy macros, Gamepad mode, etc)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vizier, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Vizier Augur

Disclaimer*
    The main focus of the vid is to show a very easy mode way to play where you have to press as few keys as possible and still get close to max dps. This is only one way to do things that works for me. If it helps you great. If your system works better for you cool. I am not claiming this to be the best way to play a mage, again it's just what works for me.

Whats on the video:

1. Macros for single-click create fire and ice nuke clickies
    2. Macros for single-click reclaim energy - infinite mana cycles
    3. Other handy macros
    4. Example for effective nuke cycle + clicky weave
    5. How to play with a gamepad

Mintalie and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

Watching it right now! :)

Do you have a Magelo profile for your mage?
  3. Jetslam Augur

Apart from the content, I really like that UI layout. Few tweaks I'd have to make to it playing a shaman, but looks nice. Don't have time to watch the video now, but I always appreciate people making a simple video to watch rather than these long drawn out walls of text.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

I really liked the video, great work, keep them coming;

Would it be possible to re-upload in higher resolution? I am not able to read the text on spells, buttons, etc.

Very clean UI, gives clear view frames for the game.
    Vizier likes this.
  5. Vizier Augur

It's in 1080p, make sure you are choosing the highest resolution possible by clicking the little cog icon in the bottom right.

For my UI I mashed together random pieces, with maximum screen view as the main goal.
  6. Vizier Augur

I welcome suggestions, but did you watch the video? I explained how I use the gamepad to tie it all together and I acknowledge the hotbars are disorganized. This isnt a video for how to have the best hotbar setup, I was showing the different macros I use and how I spam all the clicky items with my gamepad.

My hotbars are a hot mess, there is no question about that lol. I have been using it so long though I have it all memorized so it's somewhat pointless for me to change now. Don't be like me though, make your hotbars however works for you hehe.

I didn't realize you could click off the buffs thanks for the tip!
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

How do you live with only two chat boxes? The horror!
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Long live Heart of Darknes!
  9. Vizier Augur

I have a bunch of minimized ones off to the right.
  10. Jetslam Augur

Wut? How do you play a 110 with only 2-3 hotbars. I have all 10 hotbars and maybe only 3-5 spots that I shuffle in/out for various things.
  11. tnot Elder

I use a basic/ default UI and it's a bit messy, but... 1 vertical hot bar lined up directly beside your spell gems with your Clicky nukes + activated burn AAs reduces mousing a lot, try it I think you'll agree.

Can you type out your Macro for creating and auto inventorying FireOrb / Ice click? That I could really use, but can't read it in the video, too small. Didn't really understand what the last line on that was regarding pet name, either.

Nice video, thank you.
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Learned some cool things for my boxed mage. Thanks for the video! :)
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

On a technical level this one of the best EQ videos I've ever seen, make sure you've selected 1080p.
  14. Vizier Augur

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I've already decided there will be a sequel video dedicated solely to using the gamepad with JoytoKey. This was the poorest part of the vid, and I have learned a ton of things about joytokey since. My EQ gamepad profile is going through many iterations, I will share it when its more polished.

Things I've learned to do:

1. Use the Steam "daisywheel" shown in the pic below while playing, giving me a serviceable keyboard.
    2. Use button combos as unique buttons (RB + LB = a new button), lots more options open up
    3. Going to use the steam big picture mode to make some nice screen shots of the controller layouts
    4. Would be cool to have a data base of solid profiles for other classes as well. Seems like an untapped niche.

[IMG]
  15. tnot Elder

I'm sorry but... Is that an Xbox controller?

*holding knife behind back *
  16. tnot Elder

Hit the 'print screen' button on keyboard. Open Microsoft paint. Ctrl+ P to paste your screenshot. Save it, upload it to something like imgur & post the link, or upload it directly if the forum allows.
  17. Leex Pewpewer

Awesome video!

If you guys think his hotbars are bad, your eyes would bleed looking at mine :D

DPS is fine though so who cares right?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Vizier Augur

I use PS4 controller. That image is just an example of how the daisy wheel is set up.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

My eyes bleed when I look at mine...
    Leex likes this.
  20. tnot Elder

I honestly can't even imagine... More power to ya.