The Hstat quaundry

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zehn, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Zehn Lorekeeper

Now that I am pretty much done with progression, and have gotten the 60 ac augs. Not including including raids, I find all the other augs are only 40 ac and better hStats. Just how much better will we be in the end. Are the Hstat gains worth the few ac losses per Aug?
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I believe it is HDex if you are a zerker. But I could be wrong. AC just ain't doing all that much good after the softcap is hit.
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

In the end whatever hstat you focus makes little difference. Learning how to play one's class and natural talent will go much further in being good than a few more points of heroic strength (one aug or another only matters if you are min-maxing)
  4. Zehn Lorekeeper

I understand which Hstats are helpful for each class. I am wondering if people are really replacing the older augs with the newer ones. For example ... my lowest AC aug now is the Sirens Stone ... are people really replacing it with a lower AC and higher Hstat aug. Is Hypocrisy really a better aug overall with it's 40 AC and +12 Hdex? And I guess there is an argument for the higher HPS added as well.
  5. Makavien Augur

From a tanking point of view, no absolutely not all 3 of them augs are not upgrades for us . If the proc boost or whatever it is from heroic dex for melee dps tops out like the defensives do then it is only useful till 750 heroic dex.

Really all these issues stem because aristo really failed at making items this expansion. It is kinda like having to sacrifice the 3rd upgraded augment in the expansion for a 20 ac 100 hp upgrade in the mask slot plus having to spend 1000 currency on the container plus loot 2 other items from chests.

All 3 of those augments should of been 60 - 65 ac, any augment he meant to make for a tank should of been that much of an upgrade really . Both Tds and Tbm were really lacking in tanking augments. And even dmg augs for weapons. They are getting the idea as in they are putting multiple heroics on augments but at this rate it will take 2 more expansions before they are true upgrades rather than side grades.

I really think they have ran out of things they can upgrade and instead of telling us and doing a gear reset they are just trying to give us side grades instead of being public about the issues at hand and hoping we get tired of the boring mundane upgrades they are giving us in the recent expansions and rerolling on the progression servers.
  6. Jaerlyn Augur

huh? Defensive benefits from heroic dex have no cap. You want all the dex you can get.

(As an aside, melee want heroic dex because -crit- chance increases from dex have no cap. It's not actually anything special from it being heroic, simply that it increases dex cap.)
  7. Iila Augur

Crit rates caps at 100%.
  8. Silv Augur

Easy answer: None of it matters. (unless you're changing 1000s of AC for 100s of hSTAT).

Pick a camp that you like -regardless of logic- and stick to it. I promise you won't be disappointed (unless you start parsing this stuff in which case you wouldn't have made this post).
    AB-Muvien likes this.
  9. Riou EQResource

Also Avoidance caps when you hit 100% vs the mob too :p

And Mitigation caps when you receive only DI1 vs a mob :D