The 'Guess next expansion & features' Game!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Let's play the "Guess Next Expansions and Features" game!

Throw in your craziest OR most wanted desires and dreams in to what the next expansion for EverQuest will be.

There are no wrong answers.

Example...
    • Velious themed expansion
    • Max level not raised
    • New AAs, Abilities, Spells
    • Now able to run 2 mercenaries at the same time!
    Go...!
  2. Risiko Augur

Here's mine...
    • Return to the Planes of Power theme
    • Adventure to level 115
    • 5 new zones (3 revamped and 2 new zones)
    • New collections, spells, AAs, abilities, missions, raids
    • class-specific epic helm quest that gives an epic class-based Augment for chest and a class-specific helm ornamentation with particle/animation graphics
    Riou likes this.
  3. Millianna Augur

It's OoW.
  4. Monkman Augur

5. Monkman Augur

My guess is efreeti/djinni esque expansion, jewel of altiki anyone? More katta??

Mages are going to be using tears to nuke mobs bc of all the resists lol
  6. svann Augur

Dark Side of the Moon
    Adventure in the land of the Kerra!
  7. Poppinfresh Elder

SoF redux, possibly with dirigible to dirigible combat.

And no level increase.
    Kaenneth and Felicite like this.
  8. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

9. Rainlover Augur

My hunch is luclin themed, i feel there is plenty left unexplored there.

kunark i feel they did enough for the last few years and i feel velious would imply a pattern that they may not want to imply.

and to go out on a radical limb for the fun of it

no AA's a new type of point UA ultimate ablities will be introduced and used going forward.
    a new coin worth more then platinum and a new bazaar for high end trading with just this coin.
  10. Laronk Augur

Meteor hits Luclin making you able to get to new unexplored parts of the moon in an expedition led by Morden Rasp! We find out Mayong Mistmore actually made the meteor hit the moon because he's been building up an army and now he's going to TAKE OVER THE WORLD MOON!

OH and Mayong Mistmore has teamed up with Fennin Ro.

New feature is a marketplace like the one found in every modern mmo, this market place deals with the plat cap issues in the bazaar. Must be gold status to post items for sale. So not a new trading zone but something better
    snailish likes this.
  11. Daedly Augur

Is the thing that let's you view new zones like this the same way people are making the maps?
  12. snailish Augur

Let's have the Discord Invasion take over Norrath. Obsolete all sorts of barely used content (ups the nostalgia sell for future progression $ to fund the game). While not ideal (imo) the TSS path 1-75 negates the need to maintain all older content as viable leveling on live servers. --Do think up a way to alternately complete old content of value (i.e., epics) if a zone/drop has been made super high level.

Need for 1-85 content = minimal. # of zones = immense. Invert this pyramid.

reverse the shroud system and let us play UP our low level character to the 100+ population. If you want a new feature of dubious value.

more character slots per server...
  13. Riou EQResource

No, maps are running around zone boundaries and such with the map tool in game
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

/hideallplayers command for those who just want to box and not have to deal with any other players.
    Altroth likes this.
  15. Karthanon Augur

You mean the old EQZoneViewer program?
  16. Natal Augur

My guess is a set of recycled old zones, no level increase, updates on the non-level increase spells (3-5 per class), a few generic AAs, and about 5 or so new raids. The devs have very limited resources available now, so labor intensive things like zone art, character balancing (required with a level increase) and complex raid scripts will be restricted or nixed. Most of the content will probably be in the form of simple tasks/missions (kill X, Y, Z, hand in a looted item, kill boss, open chest etc.).

Other content will come in the form of a large number of group nameds together with some time intensive long quests (ie involving farming rare/many drops and such).

That is my prediction.
  17. Gundolin Augur

I think they still have a lot of room left in Kunark, I'd like to see a new City of Mist, and Emerald Jungle among other zones.
    Caell and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

• Revamp of an old expansion other than Kunark. I was hoping for Luclin, but OoW would be pretty cool as well
    • No level increase, the standard AA upgrades and a couple spell upgrades
    • I think the gear model will stay the same. 2 tiers of group and 1 tier of raid and the possibility of TS armor
    • 9-12 Raids, either 3 or 4 tiers (3 if 9 raids 4 if 12)
    • A new TS quest line with an Illusion as the reward
    • Petamorph or Nimbus Keyring (I'd prefer Nimbus but I have a feeling it will be Petamorph)
    • New Hero's Forge armor ornaments, at least 1 group and 1 raid
    • Collector/Premium editions with extra mounts/illusions and the port clicky
    • I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but that's a decent start
  19. svann Augur

ornaments for merc gear!
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  20. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I'm guessing that the recent revamps of existing zones in Kunark was to help reduce the labor on the art team so they could create an entirely new area. The Muramites and Mayong are both due for reappearance. Maybe the zone above is a Pyrilean zone? Maybe we'll see the original form of the Riftseekers.
    snailish likes this.