The exp rates on Phinny @ TSS+ are majestic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dilf, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Dilf Augur

This is how it should be on any server for any expansion. It allows casuals like me to catch up, and it allows the hardcore to do their thing. It is glorious. Gone are the days are killing multiple white cons for 1%. Killing light blue cons in Velks @ 51 for 4% each is just wonderful. I look forward to people telling me that I'm the reason that MMOs are dead because a real game should force you to play 16 hours a day at a minimum.
    JustACleric, Boze, snailish and 3 others like this.
  2. Rainlover Augur

Back in the day ... I always hated when they made leveling up and getting XP easier; i felt it moved the newbie line ever higher. that i always found myself grouping with people who did not know the basics.

----

Now, playing on Phinny, being max level but having some mileage behind my Real life, I feel quite differently. I support higher XP rates at least for those whom are behind; the server xpac releases are fast and I want people to be able to catch up and experience it with us if they want too. Yes, this does not take away from my above problem, while most (not all) are returning people who know how to play the game.

I guess I have evolved.
    Dilf and snailish like this.
  3. doah Augur

Honestly, I feel the xp rate sub 50 is a bit too quick. I have been doing the heroes journey progression quests with a friend for the hell of it and we are almost 45 and pretty much haven't left crescent reach blightfire moores or stonehive. It almost seems like they should lessing sub 50 xp to GoD era rate and 51+ to normal rate.
  4. snailish Augur

For some time my belief is that at least the live XP rate should be default from the start on progression servers.

We are doing content in much shorter timeframes than originally. There is no real accomplishment for the super hardcore as they are max level every era super fast anyways. Many people just want to raid and spending time grinding levels isn't a great appeal.

Attrition of the casual being reduced, and the incentive to play alts would be two main benefits of higher xp.

This is different than the game being too easy or too fast. Turn up the difficulty (by getting the pre-TSS and especially prePoP eras tuned right) and the sense of accomplishment is greater, even with lava-fast XP.
    Dilf likes this.
  5. Umul Augur

Time spent doesn't equal difficulty.

Make the mobs harder. I always thought implementing instances AND slow xp like they did on Phinny was counter intuitive. Why increase time spent to reach raid level after you install instances to make raids more accessible?
    snailish likes this.