The Darkened Sea - Pre-orders

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fnyanea, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Jezzie Augur

The pre-order discount served as a great incentive for people to have the new expansion at launch. Without the discount I'd imagine some players would not feel so "rushed" to purchase it, I'd imagine that with no financial benefit many people will wait for a "more suitable" time to make the purchase instead of launch and if that's the case then there will be fewer people available to experience the new content, making grouping/raiding harder.

Hoping there will be a discount for maybe the first week after launch?
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

There was only a discount for buying the "collector's" version. Even with the "discount" it was a rip off.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Since they are doing away with pre-orders, they could package the Collector's Edition "in-game" rewards into Marketplace like the "Collector's Edition Upgrade" option (not an upgrade but more like a bundle in this case). You could use Station Cash since its separated from the actual expansion - 3000 SC regular but discountable at 1000 SC or 1500 SC at release or on holidays.
  4. Jezzie Augur

Well, you got a free bag, granted the rest was pretty much fluff but judging by the number of trees and bixie houses many people paid for the collectors edition.
    Would I pay $80-$90 for it? well, that would have to be some serious fluff!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Any news on a early discount and/or Collector's Edition?

Roshen?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ss-song-a-melody-to-weather-the-storm.214251/

they added a note to watch the official tread on how to buy it.

There’s much more to unravel in EverQuest’s 21st Expansion: The Darkened Sea! Keep an eye (or fin) on the official EverQuest website for more zone previews, sneak peeks, details on how to eventually buy the expansion, plus more. The next EverQuest expansion splashes online on November 11, 2014. However, All-Access members get to purchase and play the expansion a full two weeks earlier, on Tuesday, October 28, 2014.
  7. wingz-83 Augur

Oh man. I'm completely overwhelmed.....
    This expansion includes:
    • Level Increase to 105!
    • Eight zones: Two re-imaged zones, and six completely new zones!
    • Mount Key Ring: Free up inventory space and have all of your mounts in one location!
    • New Spells, AAs, and Items!
    • And more…
  8. Jezzie Augur

I guess with no pre-orders there is a serious lack of incentive to get the relative information out in a timely manner.
    I have to admit I was hoping for the same kind of advertising that we've all been used to on previous expansions. Nice to know what you get for your money and also how much money you'll be needing!
    Maybe we could get Doris the Cleaning Lady to grab some paperwork and leak the info out to us?
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. guado Augur

Changed my meaning of re-imaged. Thought we were in for a few zones like East Wastes and Crystal Caverns 2.0. :(
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Jyve Augur

!Cool, Collectors edition gets you a nice 'ship' house. I can get that on my 2 accounts, plant them on adjacent plots and do 'ship to ship' combat.
    Mysl, Leerah, Lisandra and 3 others like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For a mere upcharge of $100. What a deal!

This collectors is very, very lacking.
    Leerah and Lisandra like this.
  12. Jezzie Augur

Well, we got what we were looking for.

Heroic character - no use for
    Ship House - Maybe somebody else will get one so I can go look
    Merc skin - Now I do like merc skins, that's something I'd go for but not for $50

I hope this is taken as constructive feedback from a consumer that has purchased the collectors edition for the last 4 expansions. I'm honestly disappointed to be saving $50 this time.
    Lisandra and Sheex like this.
  13. Jyve Augur

Agreed. This really is the first time I've looked at the collectors editions and thought "nope, nothing there of use at all" this time.
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Hingabe Augur

I'm severely disappointed in saving my 50bucks this go round. :-\
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Snowman Augur

house - 2 merc skins and a heroic toon - yep I will also be saving 50$ this year
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

17. Leerah Augur

I emailed Chase and told them what's going to be happening on the 28th so they don't think it's a hack. The charge is usually listed as a toy store in Japan! I'll be in Phila that day though. It can wait.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

I want to spend this 50 bucks..I NEED TO SPEND THIS 50 BUCKS!

But.....there's just no reason too. First time I've never bought collectors.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. blood & gufts Augur

I cannot help Wonder if SoE has not made a mistake by removing the preorder thing.

They might actually lose income by removing it, i think..

B4, they were sure people would buy the expansion, in the preorder time, to save Money for multiple accounts,
    With the preorder removed, there real no incentive to buy, asap, without knowing how it is. Now you can buy for 1 account, and then
    wait and see if it is something, and if not, then forget it.

The brain goes into sleep mode, when hearing discount, save Money, and makes bad decission,
    Borek-VS and Lisandra like this.