The Burning Lands Raid Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sashnia, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Sashnia Elder

So as a raider I generally have a goal each year to get the best new augs, all group achievements done and the best raid gear ready for the new expansion. With the current change in direction for raid loot to put the top end loot behind a tradeskill drop I find my goals feel further away than ever.

Can someone explain the new system to me and why it's good, it feels terrible right now.

I believe the break down for the drops is as follows:
    8 raids in the expansion dropping 1 Exultant Inhabited Muhbis per event. If you farm all 8 from the first day of the expansion (which is obviously impossible), you get 416 drops.

Assuming you get about 280 currency per month from raiding, that's 12 free Exultant Inhabited Muhbis from the vendor in a year (also fairly hard to do).

So we have 21 slots on a character, removing the 12 we get free in an entire year means we need 9 drops from raid. So lets say 416 drops divided by 9 means we can equip fully 46 characters in a year.

Is this how it is or have I missed something? I guess chase loot can remove some of the need too?

What do people think about this system? Yay or Nay? To me it feels rather stingy.

Cheers
    TP
  2. Plowwed New Member

Shouldn't need BIS in every slot every xpac.
    Tutunka likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They've said multiple times that it's not intended for everyone to have a full set of best in slot gear.
  4. Cadira Augur

4 chase loots take off 4 of those 21 slots, you only need max of 9 moobs think for BiS for most classes (Visibles (two of which are not needed due to chase), weapon(s)/shield, charm) and the rest of your slots are GMM raid gear. IIRC there are no weapons, charms, shields, visibles, bows (but regular ranged items?) in GMM, which is better than moob gear.

Don't worry you can achieve BiS by next expac.
  5. svann Augur

Who cares? TBL loot will be trash in another month when GMM hits.
  6. Sashnia Elder

Thanks for the feedback.

It seems the devs have made this design choice, so I guess the question is do the players like it? Do you want this system to continue into the next expansion?
  7. Cadira Augur

Part of me hates that the majority of the gear is completely pointless to main raiders after GMM and with the moobs being thrown into the mix, but one good thing is it serves as great gear to gear up apps, alts, etc
  8. Thundastruk Elder

not to mention the 250 coins for t3 flags...
  9. Natal Augur

Would you prefer the RoS system with tier 0.75 tradeskill drops instead of tier 1.5, just so you can feel "complete"?

Personally I prefer the guild getting more from raiding than getting less (which is the system you seem to like).

The tradeskill items are the "rares", much like the element was in Kunark. The general idea (which I happen to think is a good one), is that even once you complete an expansion and fully gear up over the previous expansion, there is still an incentive to raid for those who have done so.
  10. Natal Augur

How many drops will the GMM raid have? Enough to compensate for what would drop in a clear of TBL? Pretty unlikely I think, so people will still be gearing up on TBL.
  11. svann Augur

Honestly, I think it would be good if every single raid member were hopeful for some kind of loot every single raid the entire season. Having half the raid finished halfway through the year is not good.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Actually yes,I prefered the tradeskill items being catch up grear for apps and new members.
    Lannin likes this.
  13. Dewey Augur

Unless all raid gear gets rolled with the max luck stats, I don't see anyone ever getting best in slot in every slot this expansion.
  14. Tucoh Augur

I'm kind of curious to hear how raiders felt about this system of having essentially two tiers of raid gear (a normal amount of gear and 1x TS moobs per raid) drop from each raid. GMM gear (Are there links to it anywhere??) exceeding TBL TS raid gear kind of makes it irrelevant. It doesn't impact me, but if I raided I would've preferred the GMM gear augmented my TBL set by providing say, one or two substantial BiS upgrades, a couple augs and some utility clickies or something.

Ignoring the GMM gear, I was wondering if the idea of more slowlllly gearing up your character throughout the year was more enjoyable than quickly getting BiS in the first few months and then having to raid for the rest of the year with all the gear going to everyone's alts.
  15. Natal Augur

They can catch up with TBL group tradeskill gear, which is as good as phlogiston (other than focus effects) and considerably easier to obtain. Your new raiders will have the basic stats comparable to your old raiders in terms of survivability. Their foci will come as they gear up through regular raid means.

Having rare chase items in raids is a good thing, it motivates people to continue showing up.
    Lannin likes this.
  16. Natal Augur

You need two mechanisms....one with lesser gear coming in rapidly and a second with superior gear coming in more slowly to maintain interest once people are geared up in the first tier.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Tutunka Journeyman

9 drops.. minus 4 bis rares.. that makes each 5 moobs..
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But unlike ROS you cannot just go an purchase the tradeskill gear in the bazar, you have to go out and farm the mubas yourself, there is no quick catch up, just haing to add 2 raid diamonds was great to catch people up without them having to spend hours trying to get a full set of mubas.
  19. svann Augur

nevermind. should have read context
  20. Morthakia Augur

Lockout timers are 4.5 days, not 7 days. Re-run your numbers with actual lockouts rather than self-imposed raid schedules. Then take into consideration evolving chase loot. Would seem BiS is actually technically available to all.