The Broken Mirror is Broke

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DillyBar, Oct 6, 2021.

1. DillyBar Augur

What happened to TBM? The mobs hit like they are 110 and then drop level 75 loot??
  2. strongbus Augur

what zones you in? have to remember the t1 zones drop basic level 75 gear that you bought augs for to increase the stats on.(ie the type 5's and type 9 augs). t2 zones dropped the gear that just needed type 5's.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. DillyBar Augur

The heroics specifically.
  4. Dragnath Elder

You need to complete progression up to "In to the Temple B" in order buy the required type 5 and 9 augs for the gear.
    I believe all visible gear is level 75 with very little stats and require the augs. The named in Tier 2 static zones (not HA) will drop the non vis that has decent stats and what you would expect at that level (typical type 3, 5, 7 aug slots).
  5. DillyBar Augur

I am not interested in buying any of the garbage here. I am playing catch up with a 115 and it seems to me "they" jacked up the mobs in the heroics specifically.
  6. strongbus Augur

ok the issue is that when ever they come out with new exp that increase levels. and add in more spells/etc for mobs every mob in the game at those level get them.

TBM was what made for 105 so some of the mobs where higher level. so when the game went to 110+ all the 106+ mobs would have gotten the boosted states form the new stuff added in for 106+ mobs.

It been like that for the instance starting back in COTF
    minimind, Stephen51 and DillyBar like this.
  7. Zanarnar Augur

It's been a problem since then too; old content shouldn't scale up with new expansions or it makes it so much harder to catch up. This game is already among the hardest out there for a new player to get into, due to the mountain to climb to catch up to live. EVE online is about the only one I can think of that would be harder to get into as a total noob.
  8. Tucoh Augur

The mob difficulty increase is a poor design choice and possibly unintentional, but buying TBM garbage is probably the best way to get caught up if you're level 95 to 105.

I'm currently power-leveling a paladin, as soon as I get him to 100 (or maybe 105) I'm going to get a bunch of Remnants of Tranquility together and buy a full set of gear that will carry him until he gets to 110 and can wear ToV T1 gear.

The Remnants of Tranquility are perfect because they are tradeable and refundable. You can get a full set for cheap (if you have friends they might have a ton also), get a full set of gear from it, then when you outgrow it, exchange the gear for RoTs and sell them back to recoup the cost.
    Dragnath likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are much better zones to play catch up in even though they are not on the HA for that day.

Yes, the base gear is only level 75 in there but you can upgrade it to level 100 easily. If your not there for the gear then go elsewhere to level up
  10. demi Augur

when I PL a new toon I usually wait till 106 for conflag cause I hate dealing with Remnants and the augs or I just power thru till 110 and get them either ToV T1 or CoV T1 gear .. much easier if your PLing .. if your not then what Tucoh says is the best route .. just have to deal with the garbage :p

also if your lvling up with a friend/guildie that is 115 and your lvl 95 mobs in the heroic adventures are going to be scaled to 106 difficulty due to the 115 being in group ..
  11. Petalonyx Augur

Take ToV missions at 102+ during the exp bonus and then equip Snowbound. Anyone talking conflag is wasting a lot of time and money. (This assumes you can run or buy the TAs. They are usually 400-600k total for all 4 on my server.)

No comment on the TBM difficulty. Ive always been a gribble guy since those provide starter Type 7 augs and take me to the point i can jump to 110+ Snowbound with ToV taskadds.
  12. Alnitak Augur

I you are playing "catch up" then why are you mentioning lvl 75 loot? Is it helping you to catch up or you are not interested?
    Anyway, yes TBM mission nameds drop lvl 75 llot like this earring
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=146999
    However, with TBM mission currency you can buy augments to upgrade it to something like this at level , say, 105:
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=146999&aug5=147204&aug9=147197
    which can compete with Tier 1 EoK earring
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=148184
    and even Tier 2 earring
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=148367
    (yes, EoK gear is a bit better, though a bit)

And if you are playing WITH lvl 115 in TBM missions - well, enjoy super experience while that 115 mass-kills the mission mobs, including nameds and bosses, which are lvl 105-109 and give uber experience per kill, which can be boosted with lesson or experience potions.
  13. demi Augur

I agree , during bonus experience getting those heroic missions around 102+ will get you to 112 then just grind overseer, collects and do the ToV merc/part for the remainder till 115..

and guess what there is a bonus xp period coming up in like 6 days :p 150% bonus ( which im guessing ) that means a 50% bonus .. 100% what we regularly have plus the bonus 50% = 150% ..

also on my server buying ToV paragon usually goes for around 500k for all 4 , however you do get those gouger's (sp?) who still want to charge a krono for them especially during bonus time ..
    aalith likes this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

8 snowbound armor pieces require 8 snowbound infusion mediums, which are something like 22K er piece. Faded snowbound is relatively cheap, though still cost some pp, say 10K on average.
    8 snowbound armor pieces will end up costing somewhere 250K pp, providing market is plentiful on cheap faded gear (not always, sometimes it runs dry on BB)
    Weapons are cheap, maybe 20K on average (class specific)
    That leave invisible gear to buy, which commands some higher prices.
    Tank and melee belts are relatively cheap and sell around 50-70K (Inspector and Windchill) but Narandi's belt (caster 5K boost) comes off Lost Squire of Narandi and is quite rare, easily sells for 150K.

1 earring (another is Rallos Zek) is 125K on average, 1 ring - 200K, second ring is much rarer and easily sells for 300K. Neck , back and shoulders on average sell for 50K. Range/bow will bring 50-75K.
    Charm is priced high. Good one (armor or quest boosted) easily sells for 350K, in a day or two usually.
    That is 1.4 million conservatively to equip a newly-dinged toon in Tier 1 ToV gear at bazaar.
    Those prices are my trader selling prices, which I often adjust to sell quick as the lowest priced item at the marked.

And the gear is required 110 and recommended 115, so the stats will be reduced. Expensive outfit.
    And the price will only go up after that, because tradeskilled faded containers require expensive merchant components and price of armor infusions only go up.

I am sure you, Petalonyx, know all that, I am just making the list for newcomers and "catch up" players.
    ImaMedievalman and Tucoh like this.
  15. Maedhros High King

Sounds like a warm welcome to scaling instances!
  16. demi Augur

agree it does cost pp to gear a newly dinged toon , however someone could BEG peeps in ToV zones to let them loot ROTS from zone .. i see it all the time in either /general or in the actual zone /ooc such and such item is rotting off of blah blah FCFS .. its a slower way to gear up but it is doable and cheaper.. you would still need to buy the infusions and the bricks to create the snowbound/snowsqual armor ..

I recently found out that a lvl 110 can equip snowsqual armor which is best T1 CoV gear and again its relatively easy to pick those up as they are NO DROP but that stuff rots all the time .. just hang out in those T1 zones and or call out in /general your looking for them .. between my guild and generous peeps in general I equipped my enchanter with a decent set of snowsqual gear including some nice T1 non vis ..

the only issue is coming up with the pp to purchase the bricks/infusions and spells those get expensive .. although you could BEG for pp also, ive never done that but im sure there are nice peeps out there who will feed the poor ;)
  17. Randomized Augur

Mobs scale to the highest person in the group (up to max for expansion). So those mobs are 110 hitting like 110.

Base gear is 75 required. The augs you insert to the 75 gear up it to your respective levels (75-80-85-90-etc etc)

Learn how things work before complaining they’re broke
    demi likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

Oh, I never pay myself those prices for a new alt I make. Typically, at around lvl 105'ish I bring the alt to Mearatas to farm 4 muhbis for augments, and while I kill nameds for the alt typically collects enough inviso gear to equip. Also those items have some Luck, thile ToV and CoV T1 jewelry do not.
    By the time the alt hits 110 to equip those items I already collected 4 muhbis.
    At that time I make 4 TBL augs and start farming Crystallized ore for the alt. It typically takes 16 ores overall, 12 for inviso gear and 4 for ToV augs. Also I send the alt to CoV to collect snowsquall or Blizzard armor from grinding guildies (you are correct, those almost always rot and are available in quantity)
    By the time I am done PL'ing the alt it usually has 1-5 CoV ores collected for weapon and augs and has all the inviso gear at ToV T3 and visible armor at CoV T1-T2.

Overall it costs me somewhere around 400K worth of merchant-bought materials to make Faded Velium and Faded Restless Velium items (12 augs, 1-2 weapons, 8 armor infusion mediums, 2-cut diamonds per inviso gear + some smaller stuff)
    Meanwhile, when I farm those 16 ToV ores I typically collect couple large bags of ToV T1 gear to sell, which covers all the costs + some.

Again, not a solo/molo option.
  19. Numiko Augur

We ran into this on Phinny when TBM opened for us, named in heroic missions were pretty well impossible to kill unless you had 6 fully raid equipped toons.

When everyone complained one of the Dev's said the expansion had been uptuned during a later expansion to make the content more of a challenge and he would restore the mobs to their original values.

He did reduce their spell casting abilities to a proper level but before he could retune the melee side of things he quit Daybreak and the project was shelved and never completed.
    Moege likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Speaking of EVE online..... got an email today, they're having a skill catch-up promo running for the next couple of months. My two chars were offered a 12.9 million skill point promo (they have 22M and 5M skill points, respectively). The price for this promo? $285! I literally LOLed ;)
    aalith likes this.