The AFK necro bots at Hill Giants on Aradune, do these ever get banned?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sethisto, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Zansobar Augur

I was going to say the same thing but this means they are not AFK botting, only botting. And botting is pretty much impossible to detect if it duplicates behavior that is common from someone actually playing the characters. So acting like DPG does nothing is just wrong. They probably send them a tell and if they respond what can they do? And the behavior discussed in this thread constitutes using a very simple macro for pets to kill things nearby, not something that can be proved (or even really suspected) of being done solely by someone botting.
  2. Monstarz New Member

DBG needs $$, there is no benefit to them banning anyone for botting or doing anything else.
  3. TrollMan Elder

This guy knows what he's talking about. Do as you please. As long as you pay, you play! Unless you are blatantly obvious :)
  4. Weebles101 Journeyman

If it's just pets attacking, sure. But acting like a significant portion of botting can't be detected just by watching is a bit disingenuous. The "puller" instantly snaps 110 degrees to the right and starts running toward a hill giant, does a snap 180 after engaging, returns it to within a certain radius of his team, and then returns to the "origin" when the mob dies, "snapping" back to his original orientation. Every. Single. Time. For hours and hours. Furthermore, these programs will kill anything and everything that enters the radius, including grey mobs with no value, that a real player would never waste time killing, because it comes at the expense of more valuable targets. That sort of thing is very clearly botting, and I've observed on multiple occasions with no disciplinary action ever taking place. At best it is someone watching netflix at their pc while software farms them thousands of plat, at worst they are completely afk.
  5. Dontaskme New Member

If that is true then they should have some kind of retention policy or made more effort to keep the players leaving after just one month subscription because of the Aradune launch fiasco and unacceptable queues. Their actions lead me to believe they have more than enough money.
  6. Arog Augur

Looks like they removed Thxalot from the forums. He will probably just make another account since its f2p
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Checked it at ~11:00PM EST 6/25. Saw a number of casters on HG hill but saw 0 signs anyone was botting. Maybe they work a different shift?
  8. KimchiGoddess Augur

That's freaking hilarious. At first I thought he was some employee shill with the whole "spend more money to support DPG" thing.
  9. KimchiGoddess Augur

He who controls the shrooms, controls the EQ universe.
  10. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Bobbybick and KimchiGoddess like this.
  11. Thrawnseg Augur

I don't think they are there late at nights for some reason. I just came from Rathe and both sets are there now though at 9am EST.
  12. Quillman New Member

Did he show you his passport?
  13. Korea numbah3 Elder

Well if they did get banned, there are already more on the way. There was a guy in unrest a few hours ago. 2 50s at pull spot, 2 mages tapping them, and 4 necros afk in the maze. Someone started talking to them in say and after a few lines of broken English they logged off together.
  14. Boosi Lorekeeper

Wow very sophisticated for killing 1 hillgiant and giant skeletons
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Maybe the reason is they don't actually afk bot and they went to bed?
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty sure he already did.
  17. Vaxpo Elder

There are necro bots there for sure. I could even list the names here but it would just get deleted. Same 2 necro's there every day all day. Same place and attack anything that comes near them, otherwise they just stand there.