The 50 Dollar a Month TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dmitry, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Dmitry Elder

I would pay 50 dollars a month to have a real TLP with Truebox. I mean by that I would pay that much money for a new TLP that actually had enforced Truebox and GM help in banning people.

Make the next TLP an expensive, no krono can be used actual GM presence server.

You know people are wealthy enough after 20 years to join it.
  2. code-zero Augur

The won't do it, they've been asked about it and the candid reply was that the old premium sub Stormhammer server was a CS nightmare that attracted the most toxic and entitled players of any game in history
  3. Machen New Member

Imagine how much you and ther other players would flip out if you were paying $50 a month and there were still three picks of SG being farmed constantly. That's why they won't do it. No matter how much more they spend on enforcement, it wouldn't be enough.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

Premium server aside, patrolling the obvious zones shouldn’t be such a huge ask. And, a few weeks of patrolling and the cheaters would eventually go away because the risk would be too high.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you want a no box no krono server with police style gm why not go play p99 and save 50/month?
  6. Dmitry Elder

I have played there. I like that changes to the game that have happened and occur on a TLP. Also, there is a lot of favoritism shown on P99.
  7. Dmitry Elder

I agree it should not be so hard but apparently it is.
  8. Dmitry Elder

I have only a vague memory of Stornhammer and never played there. It was not a TLP though right? And what is an "entitled" player going to get beyond Customer Service that actually pays attention?
  9. TLP Addict Augur

$tormhammer was lots of fun while it lasted, don't know if it was more or less toxic than other servers, but daily GM events with raid loot being handed out was good times.

Can't see them doing it again.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  10. Bullsnooze Augur

You’re talking about the know-all everything EQ player that is now paying a ‘premium’ to play. Goodness, You’d probably have 30 tickets because a gnoll pup didn’t spawn in black borrow.

The answer is not a $50 premium server.

The easiest solution would be require a credit card to play on the TLP servers. This would tie multiple accounts together because you now have a person tied to the account rather than just krono. You can then ban the credit card and/or person associated to the credit card. This would significantly weed out the cheaters and farmers that consume solely krono to play.
    kenmei, Imyur and Quasimojo like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

That would bring back the very serious problem they'd had in the past with credit card fraud and chargebacks. Krono solves a most of those problems
  12. Machen New Member

See, this is the issue. Apparently the SG botters are able to pass whatever checks DPG uses. They DO get checked, but they are still here. Presumably that will still be the case even if they are checked 4x more often.
  13. Bullsnooze Augur

Definitely a valid point, but EveQuest’s cheating population on TLPs isn’t high enough for chargeback fraud to really matter though. Keep in mind that this isn’t something that would be specific to all accounts - just those on the most populated and troublesome TLPs and realistically these measures only need to be in place between Classic and the large population decline after PoP.
  14. Sythrak20 Elder

Why would anyone want to join such a Karen server, weaponized reporting is bad enough as is.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

I’d actually argue that staff should not use these ‘afk checks’ at all when it’s obvious that you have someone exploiting and cheating the system. I mean a few boxes just need to be ticked in order to come to a conclusion that cheating is in play.

1 - Playing in a single zone for an absurd about of time.
    2 - The zone being your typical ‘cash zone’ during specific expansions
    3 - Having just enough players in the zone to keep the instance open (or to spawn multiple instances)
    4 - Unrealistic character movement and unnatural timing
  16. brickz Augur

While it's blatantly obvious when someone's using "tools" to move their characters around for them all day, let's just pretend it isn't. Pretend the GMs can't figure it out on their own. The programs being used are totally detectable. It injects into the the EQ client. Even the most rudimentary anti-cheat would detect it. Instead of a premium $50/month server how about a server that requires you to login through a separate launcher that runs an anti-cheat? You wouldn't even need truebox then. They'll never do it though
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^This all day.

Every interview & Q&A I saw where the subject came up the team have described the "premium" server as absolutely horrible to service just because so many of the players had a horrid attitude towards the staff, and I very much doubt it would be any better today, in fact I think it would be even more acutely toxic and entitled than it was back then just going from the tone of many players when things don't go as expected in more recent times.
  18. Machen New Member

On #1, what if they are rotating characters in and out? I don't know that they are doing this but it would make sense.

On #2, so just no one gets to play in that zone?

On #3, people do this all the time. Should you have to leave if you have just enough people to keep the instance open? In most cases this is two full groups. If two groups are happily exping away, should they be concerned about GM action and shut the pick down?

On #4 I tend to agree. If that's what's actually going on. I haven't gone and looked at them ever personally.

Edit to add -- whatever boxes DPG is using, which is probably different from your list or what my list might be, these guys are not checking them. The issue isn't needing 5x more GM presence. The solution is to change the boxes. But keep in mind that that can have unintended consequences, too. I'm not in favor of checks that will sweep up legitimate players by accident.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Yes please, make an entitlement server. Then post the petitions for entertainment value.
  20. Dmitry Elder

I don't want an entitlement server at all. I would pay for a server with customer service enforcing the rules rigorously. You don't need reports for that. Just people actually assigned 24 hours a day like there once was.

Don't conflate whining with rule enforcing. Ignore all the whines you want... just do your job and banhammer people. The report whining is only necessary now because there is no customer service.